What is this type of insulation?

I took this photo of a sample of insulation on my inspection of a 33 year old home today, i was wondering if anyone knows of this insulation. It appears to look like blown in rock wool with the little bits of paper in it. Does it contain any harmful products? Thankyou


Thank you very much Juan, would you happen to know if there any any harmful products?

Not Cellulose.

Everything you need to know about it is here;

Loose-fill mineral wool, often called rockwool. Scroll 2/3rds of the way down this page: https://www.nachi.org/rockwool.htm for more information.

Nick may be right!

He is when you blow up the picture, you can see it better.

It looks too fibrous to me to be cellulose.

You’re totally right. I just went by the description and the thumbnail. It doesn’t look like cellulose at all.