What type of insulation is this?

White granular substance about 3/16th of an inch. Brittle and crumbly to the touch. Never saw anything like this. It might not even be insulation, just something that was spilled in a section of the attic. Any ideas?



Bill, I don’t know what the white stuff is but that’s Vermiculite on the right side of the first picture I BET…

I agree with Dale on they gray stuff being Vermiculite.

The other “white” looks like and might be >>> http://www.perlite.net/

what he said.

I saw the vermiculite and run across it quite often here, but perlite is a new one. Good info. Thanks guys.