What type of panel is this?

If this is a sub panel, I see no meter on the exterior of the entire building what so ever. This is a condo unit built in 1974. This panel also does not look like a split bus panel. I did not remove the panel cover because the paint was laid on really thick an didnt want to cut the wall. I know its not much to go on, but what are your thoughts?

It is a 888 sq ft condo unit

Do you have a photo with the dead front cover off?

He stated he did not remove the cover.

Never mind guys. I’m blind as hell. I don’t know how I missed that meter. The main panel is at the meter. Sorry to bother you

James S. Saunders, CPI
President, Member
Certified Inspectors of North Carolina LLC.

james@certinspectnc.com
Direct: 910-578-4943

You’ve got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It’s called perseverance. – Lee Iacocca

dwigger
David Wigger, CMI
InterNACHI®️ CMI

January 12

Do you have a photo with the dead front cover off?

I should have read the entire question. It’s like I see the picture and stop reading. :flushed:

I cut every caulked or painted panel cover loose. The electrician that comes behind you needs to if he’s going to followup. At least document it as a defect if you can’t open it.

1 Like

Me to!..

1 Like

Yep here she is. I guess I didn’t go all the way to the back corner of the building.

Same… :smile:

One owner was on me the whole inspection. So I gave hime a job to do. Please cut this panel cover loose so I can inspect it.

He did all right! When I got there, a 6" x 4’ swath of drywall paper came off with the cover… LOL! :rofl:

So, take your time with a sharp blade and make sure it is cut all the way through.

1 Like

Thats my fear. Tearing the wallpaper or leaving cut marks where they aren’t supposed to be. And then, the time it takes to do it. What is the best method?

1 Like

A chainsaw with a 48" bar. :joy: :rofl: :flushed:

Maybe you misses that. I carried a pack of new utility knife blades with me in my bag. :smiley:

Oh, ok, thanks

Sure, James! Anytime. :smile:

Exactly why I don’t ever cut panel covers off/loose!!

1 Like

I cut every cover loose regardless. Would you want to pay for an inspection on your house to an inspector who never looked at the inside of the panel? Oh I suppose it’s ok to have #8 main conductors for a 200 amp panel. Slap me with a splintered ruler.

Loser ! Yep! :innocent:

Perhaps… but I’ve never seen the inside of a courtroom (24+ years), so ‘WINNING’!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Neither have I and have been doing it way longer than you…
All you need is one of these…

Your still a yankee sissy! … :rofl:

JJ don’t you want to come out and play? LOL

2 Likes