What your inspector missed

…or do you mean fece-ing?

In memory of L.D. :mrgreen:

This message is hidden because jjonas is on your ignore list.

Awesome!

Come visit me I can show you some. :smiley:
Certain molds and dry rot fungus will damage the cellular integrity of the wood. The end result is of course sagging. Many times it originates from the bottom and works it way up. Why I don’t know but the top will be solid and the bottom can be picked apart.

:mrgreen: :twisted: :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to agree.

One can only take so much inanity.:wink:

I hope someone will let me know if he says anything worth reading. :wink:

Even a blind pig gets lucky once n a while. :slight_smile:

Probably because the moisture source is below or the moisture migrates through simply gravity to the bottom of the joists. Wood suffers from the effects of creep just by having a load applied to it. Add moisture to the mix and you increase the affects of creep significantly. Certainly mold and moisture damage can weaken wood, but sagging happens even before that point just due to load and moisture. My absolute statement was most likely incorrect, as I have provably seen the effects of mold and moisture damage in the sagging of framing members but there were plenty of other causes to blame.

its not the mold that caused the sagging. Its the weight. duh.

sure, it may be the weight OF the mold… :slight_smile:

Yeah, we would have to see the report before answering this question completely.

Well that lets me out, I am in the Orillia area but my base rate begins at 420 for over a year now for a single family home, I have heard some real horror stories about a p2p inspector in Orillia area though.