What's your inspection vehicle?

In my area I saw a lot of Chevy HHR’s, Chyrsler PT Cruisers, Kia Soul’s type vehicles used for home inspections. They were economical, and all had fold down rear seats allowing good room for their tools, a 13’ or 17’ LG type ladder or a similar tele-step ladder, etc.

In my area State Farm used Dodge Grand Caravans with ladder racks for their insurance storm chasers AND so quite a few of our local home inspectors picked up on that and started using mini-vans … drop the 3rd seat in the floor, AND plenty of room for tools, a 13’ or 17’ LG type ladder or a similar tele-step ladder, etc. AND they get better mileage than big bulky pick-up trucks, etc

I drove a Pinto wagon from CA to MD 32 years ago… pulling a U-Haul. That was about it for the Pinto.

2004 Sprinter w 380,000 miles!

www.gantinspections.com

3 Likes

Impressive. Original engine?

Mini vans are the best, I don’t care what anyone says. I just wish they still made the Astro. The rack is Yakima with “HD” heavy duty cross bars all mounted on a track system. Had to drill the roof.

I had a 98 Safari about 6 years ago and I welded together my own tubing and made me a 12ft latter rack and had to drill through the roof also to mount it, It never leaked

1 Like

By far, my biggest expense is fuel. I’d say my average inspection is 70+ miles round trip. My marketing is directed in more affluent areas than where I live so that won’t change much. I was driving a gas hog, my new little truck gets 21mpg hwy. It also has to get my boat to the ramp about 2 miles from here so 4wd is necessary for wet boat ramps and inspections on snow days. It had to fill several needs. But! Ford is supposedly going to have a Transit Hybrid in 2 years which should get in the 40+ mpg range. It’s on my radar…

2 Likes

Neil, don’t forget to check on replacement batteries cost… :smile:

2019 Chevy express

3 Likes

You guys have a bunch of good looking, workable vehicles! :smile:

1 Like

I’m all about fuel economy and going green I have a 2020 Ram quad cab 4wd with a Hemi…

3 Likes

Sounds like a beautiful truck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use this one when I’m doing fancy homes…

4 Likes

So you take Granny with you those fancy homes?

Knowing Roy, he would want to take Ellie May. :grin:

I saw him in the mall once holding hands with Jethro.

:kiss: :couplekiss_man_man:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

You got it ! Yumm!

Mrs. Lewis is looking over your shoulder, Roy… :wink:

Sounds about right! ::rofl:

1 Like