Who Answers The Phone

I always answer my own phone 24 -7, even if I have to step back from the blackjack table to take the call.

We have two people in the office and either can book an appointment. I prefer not to answer the phone or book my appointments. My office has more time and a better grasp of my schedule than I do. They can answer all questions effectively, we even had a client stop by to interview me(the inspector) and my wife handled it(45 mins of questions). The key is they know the schedule, understand what we do and how long it will take.

The part I like the best is; they can sell me, without me bragging. It comes across much better. We always book appointments because other inspectors did not answer the phone. If for some reason they can not answer the questions, they simply ask the client to hold on and call me on the other line. Many people are thrilled that someone can take the time(time I do not have) to discuss the process and inspection with them.

Most of my clients are strong referrals and would rather talk with someone. I get many compliments because my office is so helpful, this sets the tone for the inspection. Many inspection shoppers call back because our office was more helpful. My office books and average of approximately 50 home inspections and 200-300 insurance inspections every month. I just do not have the time to be on the phone.

I good office person, can make you look very professional, while not answering you phone can make you loose business. Who ever answers your phone, they must do it with a smile. It can be heard in their voice.

I like the idea of changing the VM. I’ve taken three vacations already this year and it’s hard to enjoy them when you are on the phone constantly. :smiley:

The only time I find a phone call frustrating is when a member calls me at 3 AM, he’s on an inspection, he needs some advice, but he doesn’t speak English… because the member is in Beijing, China. :roll:

I can solve your problem. Do want I do and do not answer your phone when somebody calls 3:00 a.m. in the morning. They can leave a message. When they do leave a message, hey are usually loons any way.:wink:

Another point on this one…do you call back right away? I just was on the phone with a client while another called, I let that one go to voice mail. I IMMEDIATELY returned her call when my current one ended. Booked an inspection after a “Wow you really do call back fast, just like your web site said you would!”

If you wait on these, the prospect will simply call the next inspector on the list and if they can close, you lose out.

I’ve got a call forwarding system set up. The company is called Evoice. They forward calls from our business number to up to 5 numbers simultaneously. I can use a schedule feature for “smart” forwarding, allowing me to choose who gets calls and when they get them.

Voice Messages get texted and emailed anywhere I need them instantly. Usually it’s me answering the phone. I must just to be the quickest! Being available and getting the deal closed seems to be the most important factors.

Exactly…
I have been operating that way for over 10 years…
I dedicate my time on an Inspection exclusively to the Client.
I have never disrupted an Inspection to answer the phone…

I like all the answers I see most of the inspectors or taking the calls themselves. I will try and take a call however my phone goes after 3 rings straight to my secretary (wife) she is really good at putting people at ease. I practiced with her and she knows all about the services and she goes out to the inspections with me to get the hands on so she can relate to the customer what they need. Just train them right and save you a lot of time and pressure. I also like the send an email and text on the voice mail if neither of us can’t answer the phone.