Why I love my town

6 Likes

Don’t see the old honor boxes any more.

2 Likes

That’s how we grew up 25 cents for a gallon of fresh milk right out the holding tank skim back the cream and laddle out the milk. Drop your quarter into the box.

3 Likes

We still have a couple of farms here in Berthoud that still use the honor box. One on Hwy 56 between town and I-25 has honey that they make on site. Good stuff too :+1: :+1: :+1:

6 Likes

We still have some folks in my area that still do this. Many do it year around with small stacks of firewood for the weekend warriors that come camping up here. In the summer months, locals that grow an abundance of veggies will set up a table with small boxes of assorted items with a honor box on the table or bench. Very trust worthy folks in my neck of the woods. :wink:

5 Likes

All of PEI is like this. Roadside stands in multiple areas. Fresh fruit and veggies, flowers and plants, eggs and dairy, bee’s wax and honey, hay and straw bales, crafts, etc…Metal or wood honor boxes on a post, or sometimes just a mason jar on a table, to leave the money in. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I think straw bales here are eight dollars… Must be inflation?!

I remember the days of visiting my relatives in Monroe, Louisiana, when I was a boy. I used to ride with my uncle in his milk truck to deliver milk, eggs, ice cream, etc. on his local route in Monroe. On the really hot days, I would sit in the cooler and snack on ice cream.

It’s not unusual for my inspection clients in my service area to put their cash payment for the inspection behind a shutter or under a mat at the home I am inspecting if they can’t come to the walk-through. Gotta love a small town feel!

1 Like