[quote="dandersen, post:15, topic:36523"]
I am not being a hard **!
I spent several thousand dollars in a certification class (4 DAYS) where your stupid ** question was simply "stupid ***".
If you can't take a simple : go get some training!
Get off this board, and get some training!
I lost two jobs today from HI's that do IT at $230 @ 3K SF!
NOT TO MENTION THE BS THE BANKS ARE PULLING!
I did EPA Radon 10 yers ago and I likely forgot more than you now!
If you want to match witts, have at it!
But you, my friend have no clue!
I'm willing to teach you a thing or two. But at this point, you can do it on your own!
Now, now, Brother NACHI members. I don't know the whole history, here, and I don;t want to. But, some things have to be said.
Mustn't feed on each other.
1) If one is qualified (as in special training to do a particular type of inspection) then do it. If one is skirting the lack of state law, then one is not qualified and is in a load of trouble (to themselves, eventually) and to NACHI.
2) This also applies to various subs and contractors and simple "handumen". If one is not qualified (if there is a state requirement, meet it. If there is not, meet the current federal requirements. Just that simple.), then DO NOT do it. I don't care is you can "make the money". Why would you want to screw your clients that way.
3) Many subs and contractors and handymen (and Realtors) take advantage of this. Their thinking (or lack thereof) is:
- If it is not, specifically, prohibited, it is OK.
- If it is prohibited, but they do not enforce, or can't catch me, it is OK.
- If I can get away with it, and get paid, it is OK.
NONE OF THESE ARE ETHICAL OR PROFESSIONAL. Why would you want to do it?
And why would ANY real professional want to be associated with these type of people?
I will not lie, cheat or steal, nor will I tolerate those who do.
Simple, clean and easy.
You want to play the same unethical game as some of the scum bag builders we are always complaining about, that is your problem.
But, I would posit that you are not professional, ethical or moral.
And, by being a member of NACHI, you bring us all down.
Again, I am NOT casting any aspersions on anyone. I don't know the details. But, if you are doing this, get the heck off my Associations's board. We don't need, want nor will we tolerate you kind.