Wind Mit - total roof system perimeter

I’ve searched the forum and not found the answer.

I have a 2 story house which meets the 10% hip roof requirements of the 1802, IF I add the perimeter of the first story roof to the perimeter of the 2nd story roof.

Since the new 1802 form says “total roof system perimeter” and not “total building perimeter”, I am thinking this is the correct way to do it.

I counted the sloped roof line in the 2nd and 4th pictures as gables.

Thoughts?

Oh boy, here we go again. :cool: I do them like you do them, but some have a different interpretation…enjoy.

Brad, I’m still laughing after reading a few pages of that forum. “Bricks” - LOL! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the link. I’ll have to improve my searching ability because that link had the exact text I was looking for.

I’m counting the “total roof system perimeter” as the 1st and 2nd story “total roof system perimeter”. Just because one roof is above another roof doesn’t mean it’s not a part of the roof system and doesn’t have a perimeter, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the help.

In my opinion the perimeter is the perimeter. But wh have beat this dead horse into the ground. To each his own on that one I guess.