Window Defect

Hello fellow inspectors,

This is the second time that I have come across these types of windows in the Denver area this year.

It seams that the silicone rubber spacer between the window panes are failing. These are Vinyl, dual paned windows, and I have been seeing this in sliders, casement and fixed windows through-out the house, and it’s appearing on all sides of the house; not just the sunny sides. I was unable to find a Manufacturer ID label on any of them, so I can’t identify if they are isolated to one company’s products, or many others.

Any advice on how to write this one up, or on the manufacturer/recalls?