Wondering what this is

Hi all. I am studying for my CPI.

My stepson lives in the building in this pic … I was wondering what that vertical metal piece is that runs along the bottom edge of the roof, near the eaves-trough?

Thanks in advance.

Usually that would be a snow-guard to prevent snow sliding in the winter. Where are you located?

4 Likes

Haha! Was just typing same!

1 Like

Yup! problem is, why would you need it with a roof that looks like snow bird country. LOL
Simon’s question should answer that I guess.

1 Like

Yes sir, that is a snow and ice guard to prevent it all coming down at once…could hurt someone, if that happened.

2 Likes

Question is, snow would not slide off of the roof material.

2 Likes

Makes sense, I’m located in Ontario and that edge of the roof is above the egress. Thanks!! :slight_smile:

There you go :slight_smile: You can put the location in your profile so others could help better in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion!

Martin, if you put your information in your signature, you’ll get some SEO (Search Engine Optimization) from it. :smile:

To do that:

SIGNATURE: Click on your face in the upper right hand corner of this page. Then click on your name to the left of the bell. Then click on preferences. Then click on profile and scroll down to signature and fill out the information that you want to appear under every post that you make. AND LAST, scroll to the bottom of the page and click SAVE CHANGES.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Martin! Where in Ontario?

1 Like

Had a big slab of snow/ice mix slide off my metal shop roof a little while ago, crashed part of the fence (snapped the wood rails) that goes around our rabbit house! Have to put some snow guard on this year! Luckily none of us were walking to the rabbit house when it happened! :grinning:

1 Like

Metal roofs are dangerous when it comes to snow with no snow-guards.

2 Likes

Yes sir! We bought the place August last year. Everything comes in time lol…

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Larry.

Newmarket :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know!

Thanks for the info … my brother has a metal roof with a fairly steep pitch … I’ll be checking his roof out next time I see him. :wink:

1 Like

My pleasure, Martin! :smile:

1 Like

To slow down rain water & Redirect away from entrance or Exit opening, you see this in Florida alot.

1 Like