would this be considered an S trap?

that should work fine Alex

Not with out an air admittance valve before it goes into the wall.

true if there is no vent pipe in the wall which I was assuming there was

Even if there is a vent pipe in the wall, it is still an “S-trap”. (According to the diagram).

I did install it last night. I used a P-trap with a 7 inch trap arm which connects directly below the sink, after the arm it makes a 90 degree turn down, travels another 7-8 inches and then turns 90 degrees back into the wall. Does that make sense? I will take a picture of it and post it tonight.

There is a vent pipe in the wall. I noticed they sell S-traps at the store, not sure that means it conforms to local codes or not but the trap does seem to hold water like it should. Any scenarios I could put it through to make sure it wont siphon out?

David,
Are you stating that due to the trap depth being too shallow?
Jeff

I guess we’ll have to disagree on that one Partner…

the diagram is not really complete so what I am “implying” is that the drop after and below the trap constitutes an S-trap depending on the scale of the diagram versus its actual construction.

We don’t know where the alleged vent pipe is located so this is not a discussion, just an observation that should be considered.

If there was no vent (this thread is “assuming” that there is one, that is not visible) would this be an S-trap?

the original question led me to believe all was fine until a new vanity was purchased with a bottom mount drawer, which led to the necessity of raising the P trap by shortening the tail piece to the sink, You are right that without dimensions the drawing is a little vague…