2009 - The Year of the Repeal

ASHI/InterNACHI member Joe Burkeson is basically correct once again:

InterNACHI is growing in Texas because we like all the FREE benefits and education
it provides. I talk to ASHI members all the time who are amazed at the benefits that
InterNACHI gives them.

I agree that weak licensing law do create weak inspectors. But in Texas we have strong
educational and experience requirements. It takes 328 hours of education and at least 5 yrs
experience as a contractor, engineer or architect (or an extra 120 ride along’s) to become
a home inspector. Plus our standards of practice is the most extensive in the industry. E&O
is mandatory.

So why is InterNACHI growing so strong in Texas?
Benefits, Benefits, Benefits, Benefits.

It is impossible for newbies to INSTANTLY become home inspectors in Texas.
So that argument does not apply. Our educational and experience requirements
DO NOT create dumbed down inspectors. And, some of the issues that James
complains about, do not exist in Texas because those immoral practices are illegal
here.

TREC does not charge me money, or taxes and makes no money off of me. I pay
a few bucks ($59 every two years) to process my license.

I do find it INTERESTING that James comes to the InterNACHI forum to bash
Nick Gromicko, when it is Nick who provides his podium to speak from. In fact,
if James did not have the Nick’s forum to speak from, who would hear anything he
had to say?

So from my point of view it seems rather funny regarding James’ actions.

-He condemns licensing, but could not come to Texas and become an inspector (it’s too hard).
-Joins ASHI, an association that is officially pro licensing.
-Quits InterNACHI, but likes to use our forum to bash our founder, Nick Gromicko.
-Thinks his agenda is noble, but condemns others who have other priorities.

I told James he was going to quit 6 months ago. I could see that he is like a spoiled
child who was angry at Nick for not financing his political agenda. He wanted
InterNACHI dues to pay for his campaign against licensing. He sees himself as
the noble warrior and is self righteous and angry because Nick does not embrace his
narrow opinions.

It’s not your money James, get over it.

Go spend your own money. Create your own forum. Start your own association.
Give a little room to those who do not see the world like you do. Stop bashing Nick
Gromicko. Stop generalizing with a broad brush about complex matters. Stop using
this forum to bash InterNACHI and saying it is not a HI association, when it is.

Nick is my friend, so deal with it.

You used this forum for years to kick people and were very rude when someone
quit InterNACHI. You used to shower redicule on people on their way out the door.
But when you quit, everyone was gracious and wished you well. Now you come
right back and keep bashing as a non-member. This used to be one of your main complaints,
that you did not like non-members using our forum to bash us and now you are doing
the same thing.

Get a life.

John…show me the post that I “bashed” NACHI members.

After you do that…show me a post where I am saying something to or about Nick that I did not express while I was a member.

Until then, please stop demeaning yourself so publicly and unashamedly. Your descriptions of my actions and motives are no more closer to reality than your posts that attack our new president.

We all know of your erotic fondness for everything “TREC”, but there are others in your state that do not splatter the pages of their copy of the Texas licensing law with the same amount of DNA as you. They share the view that realtor’s control of the Texas home inspector is not a good thing and reject your fantasies. I suppose they are wrong, too.

Nick has provided you with the financial backing to sell training on a product that you recently purchased and, if I were you, I would protect the hand that feeds me in the same manner as you are. But it does not necessarily make you the spokesman for Texas, TREC, or for home inspectors who are NOT on the NACHI payroll.

Anyway, go find those posts that you wrongfully accused me of making on this thread. I’d be interested to read them.

Don’t you have anything else to do? Your not making yourself look good.

Still waiting for those posts that you described from me. Did you find them, yet?

By the way, John, it was Nick…not me…who said that NACHI is not an association for “mere home inspectors” and “never will be, again”. If that “bashes” you and other members, you need to take it up with Nick. I was as offended by that as you are, which is one of the main reasons I did not remain a member.

Being a “mere home inspector” is something I am quite proud of. I don’t need to pretend to be a Fire Marshall for my self esteem as Nick suggests by some of his erroneously described “changes to federal laws” that some fabricated association on another ill-conceived NACHI Tv infomercial recently hyped.

Now…enough of McKenna’s attempt to hijack the thread…

It’s not about Nick or his ASHI bashing. It’s about an opportunity to overturn some very bad HI laws in several states. We have the means and the opportunity.

Now is the time.

Nick’s reference makes me proud that InterNACHI is not just for mere home
inspectors. It is for those who go above and beyond just the minimum, and
for those who specialize in many of the more complex disciplines.

You are twisting Nicks comments. The real reason you quite is because
Nick would not give you the MONEY for your agenda. He would not
finance your narrow political ideas. You were not offended about Nick’s
vision of more education, training and specialized tools for inspectors.
You were offended because you did not get your own way.

Is ASHI helping your political agenda? You bashed them for years and
now think to convert them as well? LOL. :mrgreen:

Your old and alone… and grasping for a meaningful purpose, but wonder
why no one will listen to you.

This is my last wasted comment to you on this board, John.

You have made some incorrect statements about me that I must address before I put you on ignore.

I never asked Nick Gromicko for a single penny. He has offered to spend money on certain projects and has failed to come through on them, but never has he been solicited…or counted upon…for a single dime.

Our gripe with Nick was … as we were fighting an attempt to push through a terrible law in Kansas and Missouri, to find him offering aid, comfort and support to our enemy while soliciting the bad guys for support for his NACHI Tv. They tricked him into believing he would be an acceptable vendor, then dismissed him and NACHI Tv, declaring that none of his videos would ever be accepted for Kansas CEUs. This…and only this…was the reason he stopped supporting the Kansas law as the “most HI friendly law in the US” and declared that “it must be stopped”. He betrayed us for his own financial gain and today wants to take credit for having the law sent back to the legislature.

Now, return to your wierd reports of alien sightings, Obama’s potential of raping Texan women, and all of the other small things that captures your short attention span, okay.

Here is what I offered to do http://www.nachi.org/kansasletters2008.htm and everyone who ordered them, including you Jim, received them.

Correct.

You did this immediately after Jeff Barnes informed you that (1) you would not be appointed to the committee exploring education policies in Kansas and (2) that on-line videos (like those produced by NACHI Tv) would not be given credit for CEUs.

It was your betrayal of us…prior to Barnes’ betrayal of you…that lost you the support of many of us in Kansas and Missouri, Nick.

With your permission, I’d be happy to publish emails containing other unsolicited promises of support that never came to fruition.

Again…this thread really has nothing to do with you, Nick…what you did or what you didn’t do is in the past.

Today, we have an opportunity to turn over a variety of bad laws…with or without your help or endorsement…the means is available to us. There are emails coming in that possibly could make national news if the cases are taken by one of these civil liberty lawyers.

It’s a worthy fight and one that we can win. The past is the past…but the future can be brighter as we take advantage of the opportunities that are available to us, today.

You argued many times that Nick should get involved with fighting inspection
laws and overturning the ones in place. When he did not submit to every
idea you demanded, you got offended. Simple. That is when you turned on
him and continue to this day. You wanted money spent on your agenda
and Nick wanted to apply InterNACHI resouces for more education, training,
tools, benefits, services, etc…

You make Nick look good everytime you attack him.

Regarding aliens and Obama raping women, I have no idea what your
talking about. Please post a reference. I think your loosing it my friend.:mrgreen:

How is helping to fight your cause, as Nick’s letter states, a betrayal?

Did Nick do EVERTHING you demanded? No. Why should he?
Your not the Pope.:mrgreen:

Your tone is changing. That’s more like it.
Your not going to make progress at InterNACHI by bashing Nick.

JB, are you north of the border?

Which border, Ken?

Canadian? ;-):wink:

Nope.

From the emails I am getting from Texas on the topic of this thread, McKenna’s erotic attraction to all things TREC are not shared by too many of his fellow inspectors.

Overturning laws that were initially designed to advantage one group over another is a decent and humanitarian way to reduce State budgets at a time where revenues are declining, sharply.

I encourage anyone who would like to have the same control over his business and future as his grocer to consider that NOW is the time to get these laws repealed.

BTW: I don’t deny that I believe it in InterNACHI member’s best interests to have InterNACHI’s courses approved by states.

I don’t think this is any big revelation considering www.nachi.org/education.htm Stick to pointing out the obvious. Pointing out the over obvious is silly.

Furthermore, I’ve always been a supporter of online education because I think online education has advantages over classroom courses. Note the author of this article: http://www.nachi.org/classroomsharm.htm So again, a board that is stuck in the past, with mere classroom courses, harms and even may cause deaths of consumers. Members of such old-minded licensing boards should be shamed publicly for the harm they cause us all.

What are you referring to, specifically? I don’t want to publish the wrong thing. I’m angry at you, but I do not wish to harm you in any way.

There are several…some include names of individuals…one is entitled “Top Secret”…

JB, don’t let the Sun go down on your anger.

I admit I share some of Jim’s anger and disappointment at Nick. I have tried to get a straight answer on what NACHI’s policy on home inspector licensure. So far I have gotten nothing but vague answers.
I have a lot of respect for Nick. He has done a lot for the home inspection industry. In the same, I have a lot of respect for Jim because without him, I feel, the Realtors would have gotten control of the home inspection industry just as they have in many other states.
Too bad they could not work together on a common ground. It is our loss, not Jim’s or Nick’s, NACHI members could have benefited in many ways.