220 no neutral question rephrased

If they actually said any of that, you should ask for a refund. :grimacing:

1 Like

I have read through many of these explanations to answer your question. Most of them are correct based upon the general consensus of electrical theory. However all of those who have told you that the electrical power flow doesnt go back to earthen ground is not telling the absolute truth.

First look up to the power lines. How many wires do you see feeding into your residential transformer. Only 1. So how then does alternating power work from the utility? It is like this: The power must have earthen ground. It is the conduit for power transmission. Period. Power cycles from the source, hence the power plant through a single high voltage line to a transformer which divides and limits the power out to your home and then back to the transformer which make ground through the earth back to the power company.

Have you ever wondered why the desert and dry geographical locations are not so developed? Mainly because dry sand is a horrible conductor of electricity. Moisture is the real conduit. And in actuality the electrons move in reverse of the commonly accepted explanation of transmission. The massive generators are not actually pumping power out, they draw it in. Nikola Tesla understood this perfectly.

Let me take this a step further. What I am about to tell you is known to the world of physics and any electrical whatever title they claim is just simply ignorant to dispute the proven laws which govern our universe. Remember when referencing anything electrical it is always in “theory”. We don’t understand it well enough to define it in terms of law. So with that being said, digest this; All the energy in the universe already exists within the universe. It cannot be created nor destroyed. Now this may move beyond the scope of your question but I feel it is important to first know this to understand the observations you make to question the 220 volt power cycle.

So there is one last thing i need to mention which initially will be a curve ball and many will argue me on this. There is something called the Aether. You should read up on this for better knowledge of the origin which developed our understanding of energy. Dark matter may very well be the Aether or the fabric of the universe.

Now back to your question and my claim of the BS you have been fed about no ground. The main reason for electrical grounding is to be able to meter the amount of energy being transferred or consumed. Without the ground reference power consumption cannot be easily or accurately measured. There are inherent safety purposes for ground being in a home but those should be obvious as the length of time it takes to reach ground when milliseconds count with you being a weak ground because of moisture in your body. So dont listen to the bs being fed here. it is only half truths. Neutral and ground go to the same place ultimately its just that they meet in different places.

If you really want to understand 240 power cycles in residential service learn how a transformer works to separate 5000 volts on a single power line to split phase 240 residential service. And don’t always believe that 240 volts is 180 degrees out of phase. One off and one on. Most devices will function almost the same if it is 220 degrees and 140 degrees phased. it just wont be so efficiently transformed and will cause not tolerant precision devices to operate outside thermal boundaries and timed sequences they were designed for. Hertz is another subject to study and understand. All computerized devices will operate faster or slower depending on whether they are above 60 hz or below respectively.

I could go on and on but this goes way outside your questions scope. I just don’t like it when people dont tell the whole story. Maybe I missed a comment where someone else broke this down but I am ready to take on anyones argument about what I have said.

In conclusion if you still dont understand 240 volt power then learn how a power transformer works. Then you will get it.

this is only half truth. AC power must have an earthen ground somewhere. The load device may function on 240 volts no neutral no ground but in actuality it pulls its ground reference during the dead or reverse phase flow of the secondary line. The power transformer is the source of the ground in that circuit. the transformer must have earthen ground. Study how a residential power transformer works. I also made a lengthy post on this. It is at the bottom of this page.

First of all, this post was from 12 years ago…
Second, your whole post is a bunch of crazy BS.
Electricity is not grounded so that it can go back to the transformer. Ground has nothing to do with the path of electricity from the transformer to the home, and back again.

1 Like

crazy bs huh. You sir are clueless. Everything I stated can be proven.

i fixed it lol

We’re all waiting.

1 Like

challenge me on what part? You pick any particular topic. I suggest you google it before you come at me. Dont assume you know everything i said is false.

SWER do your homework. In the United States this method is implemented between power substations to allow a return to source. It is also used for some more rural applications to return power to substations from residential areas.

What is this guy smokin’? LOL

3 Likes

Sounds like he is referring to an MEN (multiple earthed neutral) system but that system still has a neutral return to the source it does not rely on the earth as the primary conductor of the neutral current. IMO not much of this system would be relevant to this thread.

4 Likes

Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs!

4 Likes

Go do your homework. Dark matter and the aether can neither be proven nor disproven at this point in time

Thanks for clearing that up.

5 Likes

be fair and dont take things out of contet

SWER look it up. yes the Earth is the primary return.

I see you edited your post for clarity. Thanks.

1 Like

just for you :wink:

Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs!

1 Like

I dont smoke anything. Not anymore. And I will never freebase cocaine again!

REHAB GUY (Shane Caldwell) - I DO NOT FREEBASE COCAINE (REMIX) RE-AMPED 2019 (VDJ MIkeyMike) - YouTube <-------------

1 Like