Trying to dig the electric gig

I am striving to understand the nuts and bolts of electricity…taking my classes, gobs of experience in 'homeowner wiring, and studying like a good boy but i have unanswered questions about nuts and bolts…or maybe volts and lightning bolts…oh such humor.

Things Mike doesnt ‘get’…enlightenment appreciated:

ELECTRICITY in general…electrons follow a path being pressured through the hot wire, captured to do some work, and then returning through the neutral ground to their source (this is my understaning of the concept)…therefore, if electricity is returning through the neutral why is the neutral not ‘hot’ with this energy going home? And the neutral does double duty as a support wire holding the supply bundle from the transformer and is uninsulated. Are returning electrons somehow unenergized? I understand the plumbing analogy…ie water pressurized till it gets to the sink and then flows out unpressurized. but its still water.

240…NO NEUTRAL: kind responders have tried but i still dont get it…ok ‘no neutral needed’ because the ‘off phase’ side serves this purpose on its off cycle…kind of get that but wait…we are sending electrons back to the hot bar instead of down the primrose path to the desired return to source (in my thinking so far) New anology: lets pretend a few million magnification and the electrons are marbles…they are pressurized down the hot road and barrel through with marked determination but then these marbles are sent back to the hot where more marbles are going to be blasting fourth in the next 1/60 sec…dont they collide? how do they get back to the transformer? etc…sighh…maybe you just have to accept but i like understanding if possible.
thanks for input
mike in mn the freezeme state

First off FORGET the concept of the electrons only flowing from the hot conductor to the neutral conductor. AC power changes direction 60 times per second or at a frequency of 60Hz. That means that 60 times per second the current flows from hot to neutral and vice versa.

The reason that the neutral or grounded conductor can be bare is that it’s solidly grounded, meaning it’s at the same potential as a grounding conductor therefore no voltage difference exists between the two. That means that if your body is grounded and you touch the neutral bar in a panel you will not receive a shock.