3500 lb. hot tub on a deck designed for walking

Recommended they drain it until adequate structural framing is installed.

Unbelievable Kenton.

Collapse waiting to happen.

Some people can’t think.

Nice call.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

Kenton, I posted this awhile back and kind of relates to the same thing.

Where do I put this hot tub?

Post was Where do I put this aquarium?

Might be helpful.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22264&highlight=aquarium+weight

And out there in Colorado the thing may not stop rolling for a few thousand feet. :roll:

That is right Larry; A bunch of hurting people down the mountain side in a water slide of thicket brush.

http://static.flickr.com/3104/2508639626_7ff5f4a13d.jpg
Amazing isn’t it?

aw c’mon Kenton…being so picky , You are possibly depriving a particularly daring group of individuals the chance of the ride of their lives when that puppy lets go…what a buzz kill man…lol…jim

Kinda like going to WaterWorld

Kenton, did you also recommend lawn care service? ha. ha.

exactly…now Your getting it…hop in and let the ride begin!!!..lol…jim:roll:

It also brings up the old question, “does a floating body in water add weight to the tub”.:roll:

Tha same person that built the supports for the hot tub must have built the supports for the whisky barrels. :|.)

Bad whiskey barrel supports? I can’t believe I missed that!

It’s not that bad… they DID add some extra supports near the hot tub. Wouldn’t have mentioned anything except “I brang my trunks, is that OK?”

:slight_smile:

Ohhhhhhh man I found something similar to this a few years ago,… I’ll have to dig through my picture files to find it, BUT in my situation it was on a second story deck… :shock:

Nice call Kenton!

Very scary and already failing.

I saw a low level deck that already had the spa removed and it still had a major sunken area present. Too low to look underneath.