A great question from an inspector...

That’s some ethics there. :roll:

I would never pay to be on a vendors list as I find it unethical. I was asked once by an office if I would want to be in their folder they give to the client when they make an offer. I simply replied that I give my clients folders at the inspection so when they refer me the client will get one. The broker was a little miffed at my reply and has not used me since. But almost every other agent in the office does. I am straight forward and honest with my agents or ones I have not used. They can like me or not like me, that is their business.

No obvious conflict of interest there now is there? :roll:

Pay to play schemes like this usually end up backfiring, especially if someone were to get sued.

A Nationwide RE company, who used to do this exact same thing with their “concierge service”, no longer offers this service to find a Home Inspector, and for good reason. Ask Nick.

*If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. ~ *Abraham Maslow

Confession is good for the soul, through it you can see with your own eyes the havoc your dishonesty has created in the lives of many NACHI members.

I would caution anyone from using lying as a first line of defense when dealing with the public as Nathan has suggested. Once your lies are out in the open for all to see there is nothing you can do about it.

I knew it! No one washes their hair three times a day.

I am busting a gut here.\:D/\:D/

You just know this is exactly shat the little puke experienced in his own pathetic life.

Classic transference.

Thanks for the belly laugh Nate.

Made me all warm inside on a cold winter day.

things dont add up- he claims he needs to pay 150/ month but has made 4k in a year- its not 4k minus one payment of 150- its 150/ mos times 12. My first recomendation would be to buy a calculator. My second would be to cry poor and say its not possible to offer his clients the best possible pricing if he must upcharge to cover “fees” and leave it at that. The program wont be around long. they never are.

Those are some high prices, imo. I might consider a one time yearly fee but monthly? no thanks. If I declined the invitation and then really got no business from that agency, I would tell everyone that would listen what is going on in that office and let them decide if its ethical

the more someone cries about being poor, the more money they make. Business 101. :slight_smile:

How about, hell no.

There are crooked REA’s as well as crooked Home Inspectors out there who could care less about their clients and only care about there own bank accounts. They usually don’t last too long in this business.

On the other hand there are many honest REAs out there who do care about their client and look out for their best interest. Those are the REAs I prefer to do business with.

I have had offers to advertise from offices

What is the difference between paying $1,500 a year to a realtors office to "help defray their marketing expenses, paying $1,500 to a realtors office to be a “sponsor” of an event that the office is putting on, or handing out a hundred dollar bill and my business card to every agent in the office?

I do not know any inspectors who would flush that type of money away without expecting some sort of return on investment. The only return that a realtor could give a HI would be inspections. How could this type of expenditure not be viewed as anything other than paying realtors for work?

And after all that the crooked Realtors still demand that you undercut your competition by $25 too. :mad: