A little piece of heaven on a rainy day

I was sweating on this hot rainy day and I typically do the crawlspace last and wasn’t looking forward to crawling into a spider infested mud hole, BUT this is what I found. :smile:

14 Likes

Nice, conditioned?

Nice, Super clean. :+1: :smiley: You could eat lunch in there.

1 Like

Conventional crawlspace 28 years old, however the new vapor barrier is a year old. Framing looked as good as new.

1 Like

So missing insulation?

@srechkin So missing insulation? That is just a home for rodents to live. :grinning:

2 Likes

Cute mice need a home sweet home, too! Except if built correctly there won’t be any unless they pay rent and you give them a key.

2 Likes

Foam board on stem walls behind vapor barrier and fiberglass batt insulation on the rim joist.

1 Like

And the floor?

58 degrees. LOL

3 Likes

I’m glad someone had a nice crawl. Mine today had 4 Black Widows at the entrance.
…and yes, they paid my fee, so I went in. Lucked out with active termites everywhere & multiple failed piers. (laying on ground) Didn’t have to spend long to obtain the recommendations.

1 Like

You go in a crawl with black widows? And I thought I was mad!

1 Like

Nice, Randy! :grinning:

Randy, I hope you took a pillow with you.

That light fixture should be on a pigtail; how about those wood shims…

I hope you wrote hard, Randy…

I mean, something that nice and new…look at all those wrinkles, they must be hiding something…durn flippers. :wink:

2 Likes

Back in the really hot day, when I was doing 3 inspection per day, a crawlspace like this was at the tail end of my 2nd inspection and I was solo in an empty house. So, I did eat my lunch down there and took a 1/2 hour nap, too. It rejuvenated me and off I went to #3. LOL

2 Likes

If I can remove or avoid them. Black widow webs are really sticky so I took a stick & wadded up 3 of them up (one got away) & thew it in the trees behind the home.

1 Like

Well, isn’t that what they are all supposed to look like??? :sunglasses:

Yep! Write 'em up if they don’t look like this: :wink:

1 Like