A true, heavy duty-inspection vehicle

It is a semi .50 cal. on the back. The local sheriff now makes me keep the canvas cover on it when on the road. :pensive:The Silver 92 is a great engine. You probably have the Allison AT 740 automatic trans., very solid. These trucks are a lot of fun if you have the room to store them. Wish I was closer to help you work on it and play with it!

Oh wow! I thought it was going to be a non-functional replica. You have quite an investment in that beautiful rig. I’m impressed! Do you do shows, parades or what? Do you do your own resto work?

Yes Chuck, I do different shows/events throughout the year and off-road functions. I do all the resto work myself. This particular 1993 truck I bought at Gov auction, cheap! Only had 3000 miles on it. I cut off the third axle and shortened the bed. Little easier to park! There are still a lot of original NIB parts available for these. Our government did not spare any expense building these or stocking spare parts. Fun in winter in the rural area I live. I pull out a lot of people that get stuck in the ditches!

I would list rain simulation for roof leak inspections as an add on for your inspections.

High water rescue capable too. Really nice rig.

The aerial truck has hose and variable directional and spray profile nozzle at the tip of the ladder, but no onboard water tank or pump.
Joseph, very cool! Did you have difficulty getting permission for the 50 CA.? Did the gun come on the vehicle as auctioned?

No problem purchasing the .50 cal as it is semi-auto. It did not come with the truck, but the truck did come with the mounts. At the Gov. auctions no weapons are ever auctioned with the vehicles. It is not cheap to shoot, however. Cheapest I have found is $1.00/round.

For .50 BMG, ammo that is damn cheap! Hope you bought cases of it, when you found it.

I did! It’s old surplus:sleepy: but still shoots. Now it seems that supply has dried up. I have not seen any surplus at the shows lately. :sleepy:

1 Like