About the Inspection Education & Training category

This is a forum for inspectors to discuss their educational experience, the InterNACHI School, and to ask questions of InterNACHI’s Education Committee.

This forum is dedicated to the memory of InterNACHI member and educator Gerry Beaumont. Gerry was an avid proponent of education for inspectors and will be sorely missed.

2 Likes

I have recently been approached by a couple of real estate office managers asking if i could provide the with CEU’s . i did inquire about coming in and talking to the office about my company in efforts to gain business and grow the company. My question in is there a way through Nachi to become a CEU provider??? I actually have a formally education in some fields related to our industry and have a collection of other certs.

1 Like

Good morning all,

Just wanted to point out a typo:

In the description of the energy audit course: The course includes 160,550 what?

Course includes:

• 160,550;

• 27 minute of video;

• student book;

• inspection and writing assignment;

• research and writing assignment;

• 72 quiz questions in 13 quizzes;

• 75-question final exam;

• instant grading; and

• downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.

Hi, Jon. We added “words” to the description. Sorry about that.

good morning like to join the group

1 Like

New to the industry on the whole.

Need to training before taking InterNACHI exam to obtain CPI.

I’m sure this question has been asked a billion and a half times before,
so thanks for taking the time to read my post and answer.

What are the classes I NEED to take to pass that exam?
Are they the “14” courses needed to “be completed before Step #6”?
What are the other courses I should take to pass the exam, if any?

1 Like

Hi, @winagakihuffine. To exam prep, please visit Recommended Home Inspector Courses - InterNACHI®. I also recommend Introduction to Home Inspections Course - InterNACHI®.

Thanks a ton Ben!

Love what you guys have set up here at InterNACHI! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thank you. If you need anything, we’re all at Contact InterNACHI.

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am a new home inspector working on getting certified. I am moving along good and should be completed within a month. I have been taking courses while working full time.

I am looking to find a mentor in the Scranton PA and surrounding area. Any help or recommendations is appreciated.

Happy Inspecting
Josh

1 Like

Hi, @jwarwick. Thanks for posting! We have a mentor program at Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI®.

Hi all,
When taking tests, we are asked to write essays on at least a fourth grade level.
I am sorry but this just insults me.
We need to hold ourselves to a higher standard not lower the bar.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I just took the final exam of the roofing inspection part of the course but I was misgraded twice and it kicked me off saying I took too long and I was under the impression that there was no time limit and you could take the test as many times as you would like

1 Like

Hi, @rvisocsky. The final exams are timed. And there are a couple places to help with that. See attached screenshots of the final exam for the attic course, which will be the same as all other final exams.

It’s a standard minimum for these types of essays for inspection courses. 7th grade level is for writing novels. Most adults read and write at 6th grade level. So the 4th grade level seems to be a low minimum, and the idea is that every student should be able to exceed that minimum. If not, the essays will be denied. Inspection reports should be around 5th and 6th grade levels.