About Wind Mitigation Inspection

Are home inspector require to provide the Certification of completion for the wind mitigation course to the insurance company to prove that we r certified to perform this type of inspection so they can accept the form and give discount to home owner?

Please i don’t need any sarcastic answer here, i would appreciate if you can help:)

I always include it along with my license and certificate - it saves on a call months later when some underwriter finally gets around to looking at it.

I never have, never been asked but, ask the agent, if they want it I’d give it to them. It doesn’t cost anything and may help you build good relations.

Thank you guys:):slight_smile: and it seem like we have to pay the city to obtain information about the building application date and roof covering appplication, FBC product approval # and installation, and its so complicating to find these info, I dont see any portal from city and county website to get those info.

And all for $75.00

Chiun,

It is the HO’s responsibility to furnish permits and FBC docs. If I have to chase it down, I charge for it.

Yes, they can and do ask for your certificate since the training is statutorily required. Citizens Insurance has a data base that you can submit your license and certificate to one time and they we keep it on file, other carriers will also request it.

It is also a good idea to provide this to your agents because they are the ones that will be asked to provide it first.

Do you usually submit the mitigation form yourself after each inspection you perform to the insurance company or you have the client do that part? and how would you know if the insurance company will give the discount to the client, im sorry I just start performing this type of inspection so i will have many question later.

Do you usually submit the mitigation form yourself after each inspection you perform to the insurance company or you have the client do that part? and how would you know if the insurance company will give the discount to the client, im sorry I just start performing this type of inspection so i will have many question later.