AC unit verification

Helloe all, I have a bit of a problem on my hands. I need to figure out the capacitor size for an AC unit I can’t find anywhere. Below is all the info I have to go off. I’m assuming it’s a Keeprite unit from the 70s? House was built in 1976.

Style number- 25TD7025770
MFR number- 703452
Model number- 867816823

Any help is greatly appreciated

I have an app for looking up HVAC units by model and serial numbers. Are you sure you have the right information - there should be a model number and serial number.

This is an example: Keeprite Model# ACSO18A2C1 with ser.# L992962330

Are you sure it is a keeprite?

That’s all I have to go off

Capacitor for what?

1 Like

The above Air conditioner

What about the capacitor that is currently installed? It should have the info you need. If not, a 1970’s A/C will be difficult to locate any information for it is basically considered obsolete.

1 Like

Does it operate as intended?
Life expectancy expired about 30 years ago!
What else do you need to know?
And why a Capacitor? You break the old one, or are you a service tech?

Take the old one out and take it to a local HVAC supply wharehouse along with all your numbers and they should be able to figure it out for you.

“Capacitors can be dangerous. Even after you disconnect the power to the AC, the capacitor still holds a lot of charges. If you touch it, it might electrocute you. And it can hurt you badly.”

5 Likes

The capacitor is shot. The unit itself ran great up until that. The capacitor is bulging and needed to be replaced.

If there isn’t any writing or data on the currently installed capacitor (highly unlikely) then call an HVAC tech, this isn’t a DIY board.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, I fixed it.