AHIT

Originally Posted By: Scott Green
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi All,

Ive been reading this board for awhile but this is my first post. Anyway my Question is to those of you that attended the AHIT 7 day program, did anyone take advantage of the website offered in their start up packages. Just wondering what your thoughts were and if I would be better suited to go elsewhere for web service. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to all in advance

Originally Posted By: HMGUY

I am not sure on this, but being new…I am also curious to know whether AHIT’s self-study guides are any good, esp. the exam study guides (for state exams).

Here in NC, I have been looking for any good HI training/seminars, but so far goose-eggs.

ANY comments or suggestions?

Originally Posted By: dmacy

Scott

I use the AHIT website and I have received about 10% of my inspections from the internet this year.

I needed help with setting up the links and urls when I set up the site.

If you go on AHITs website there are a few examples.

They give you a discount since you going thru there program.

Dave

Originally Posted By: dmacy

HM GUY

I beleive the NACHI website is as good of place as any to educate yourself.

Almost everything is free.

I thought the roofing course is excellent.

The AHIT home study is very good and there support is equally as good.

Dave

Originally Posted By: HMGUY

Dave,

Thanks for the feedback on AHIT.

Yep, I find the NACHI online a great service. I have completed some of the online courses, and scored very well. To gauge where my current knowledge is, I ATTEMPTED the actual exam W/O any books, studing or anything. Needless to say, I came close but no cigar. But it tells me my deficiencies, and to maximize efforts with the AHIT study guides.

We'll keep in touch!

Originally Posted By: dcostanzo

I also have an AHIT website. Since then, I’ve learned that it’s very limited, though.

1. Framed pages, so Search engines have a difficult time with them.
2. You can't display anything but images and text. So, if you want to display a sample report, for instance, don't even think about it.

That's really all my gripes. Limited graphics, too. It's a good site to have if you're just starting out, but then I would try to learn everything you could about websites, and go with another company after your first year.

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

HMGUY wrote:
Dave,

Thanks for the feedback on AHIT.

Yep, I find the NACHI online a great service. I have completed some of the online courses, and scored very well. To gauge where my current knowledge is, I ATTEMPTED the actual exam W/O any books, studing or anything. Needless to say, I came close but no cigar. But it tells me my deficiencies, and to maximize efforts with the AHIT study guides.

We'll keep in touch!

Hey homey, try this code check book for a study guide.

http://www.taunton.com/store/pages/070680.asp