All I have to say is WOW!!!

You ought to see their logo.:wink:

CMI has been attracting a lot of interest from commercial inspectors. Commercial property inspectors are not licensed in any State or Province. You heard right. You need a license to inspect a 1 bedroom condo in many states, but no license to inspect a 300 unit condominium in that same state.

I guess it’s 366 CMI’s now. Thanks for your quick response Nick.

Welcome Mark! We processed your application today. You are an Amerispec inspector in Ontario, no?

Also, is it Amerispec or AmeriSpec?

Welcome Mark. Say hi to Roger.

Yes Nick, in and around the Toronto area. I work for one of the larger franchises. Nice to be CMI, CMHI is next. Just have to make the time for the field peering. Bloody busy for a January.

Thanks again!

mark

Will do Keith, thanks. How do you know Roger?

Mostly by reputation but I’m pretty sure I met him at one of the conventions. May be wrong on that. I’m with Amerispec also.

Maybe CMI’s don’t have to be licensed home inspectors in Illinois.:stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe his vacuum cleaner serial numbers were verified.:mrgreen:

They don’t have to be licensed… unless they are doing home inspections. Commercial inspectors are not licensed in Illinois, or any other state.

Certified Sweeper. :smiley:

Does someone have to **currently **be performing home inspections, to be a CMI ? When did he become a CMI? Maybe he moved away from HI’s. Since he (allegedly) qualified and earned the CMI status, does he lose the status if he does not currently perform HI’s???

How is this Amerispecin any way, commercial or other, related to a CMI?

Good question for John. All we got to go by is this; http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/cmi/apply.htm:)

Once a CMI has earned his designation, it is not taken away.
It is an education/experience designation that is not taken
away if you retire, change professions or limited by any
association you belong to.

Thank you.

It says Amerspec, not AmerIspec

I know of several TREC inspectors who now only do mold remediation.
They have the hours and experience to be CMI and yet do no home inspections.
How many building related inspectors are there? How many paths have
people come to arrive at their present profession.

Several states accept some of the same types of proof, to apply for an
inspectors license, when verifying past experience.

Most people don’t follow our SOP. You know that Joe.

Looks like this HI knows what his inspections are worth. You would think a CMI would be at the top of the price range. I wonder how cheap he would be if he was a regular old HI.