If anyone wants CMI but can't afford the one-time $375...

Email me at fastreply@nachi.org We’ll pay the MICB the $375 up front for you. You can then pay us back over time. Take a couple years if you like. 0% interest.

Wow… that is a good deal.

Very generous of you Nick. :slight_smile:

Great deal, I have a 2 year wait before I make the second qualification… :slight_smile:

Yes, another generous offer from Nick. When I complete all the other requirements, I will look you up to see if the offer still stands (if necessary).
Jeff

Same here Jeffery; 600 hrs to go. But if I could count my 93,000 hours in the construction trade, I would be all set. :mrgreen:

Same here, but not so many hours…

Nick grandfather Marcel that’s a give me :slight_smile: I know someone that got CMI because of his previous background so I know it can be done. What are the qualifications. The site is blocked on my end.

1. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana, Sans Serif]Completing 1,000 fee-paid inspections or hours of inspection-related continuing education (combined) in their lifetime.[/FONT]
  2. Proving they’ve been in the inspection business for at least 3 years.
  3. Abiding by the industry’s toughest Code of Ethics.
  4. Substantially following a Board approved Standards of Practice.
  5. Submitting to a criminal background check.
  6. Applying for Board certification by signing the affidavit in front of a Notary.

I guess I don’t have a chance in 'ell with only 70,000 ish hours.

Getting close. Still in the hundreds.

Chris why did you quit NACHI? Doesn’t seem right. Did the lady call you that I sent your way a few days back?

We’re all going to get there one way or the other Billy.

Just takes time like a good wine. :):wink:

I qualify,

This may sound silly, but for those who are already CMI, have you noted any benefit??

Tough to justify adding more stuff to one’s resume in this market, but Nick makes a fair offer.

look forward to replies

Tim

CMI is a marketing sledge hammer. No, a marketing wrecking ball. Amazing. But like any tool, does nothing on its own… until you use it.

CMI communicates in a few seconds what people are looking for.
Very powerful.

CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR

Very enticing title John.

Is there a variance to the qualifications for the 1000 inspections.
It is not going to happen in my lifetime in this small town.
40 years in Building Construction and 18 months of Inspections with the General Services Administration doesn’t count?:slight_smile:

It is not 1000 inspections.

It is 1000 combined inspections and/or total hours of education.

If that total adds up to 1000, then you are CMI… plus you need
3 years as a home inspector. I am not sure what the “General
Service Admin.” means?

Call me … 936-546-2435

Good luck.

So how does the 96,000 hours of education in the Building Industry and the 1000’s of hours Inspecting and responsible for inspecting Commercial Projects and the 3000 hours of GSA Inspections for the Government as a Technical Inspector for the Construction Division all equate into this formula?

So if education hours counts, I would think I am there, not?:slight_smile:

Your kidding i hope