American Cancer Society Relay For Life

It’s time for the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. Relay is the American Cancer Society’s nationwide signature event. I am a team captain this year and my team and I are planning to raise $3000.00. Throughout the event, my teammates and I will take turns walking around the track and camping out. I am doing this in honor of my son Christopher, who has been a cancer survivor now for 4 years. If you would like to help in the fight against cancer, you can make a contribution to the American Cancer Society through Relay For Life. Please make sure you give it to me before the event.
The event takes place on April 26, 2008 at Summerville High School in Tuolumne, CA. I would be glad to walk in honor or memory of someone you know who has been touched by cancer. For a donation to the American Cancer Society, I will make sure that person’s name is included in the Luminaria Ceremony, when candles are lit and we remember those who have been touched by cancer.
I appreciate your support. There’s no finish line until we find a cure.
Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to donate to this event.
Gratefully,
Larry Martin

Larry,

The Relay for Life is a GREAT cause! I’ve been involved with the last 3 here in Fletcher, NC and it is an amazing feeling watching the will and strength of the cancer survivor’s first lap when only they take the track. My 11 year old daughter is our team (Team Radon) co-captain and if she busts her butt this year she’ll be team captain next year. We’re going to have a motorcycle Poker Run this year, as Western NC is full of scenic roads and perfect for a day of riding and fund raising. (website coming soon)

Our team usually stays up all night (well, almost) and we take 30 minute shifts on the track. One year a team had a train whistle to keep everyone awake. I don’t recommend it though, as I don’t think they made it to the survivor’s lap last year. :smiley:

Good luck on the Relay! It is easy to get hooked on the positive energy they bring, even in the face of such a difficult battle. We all gain from the energy shown by the survivors’ fight, something that I know you’ve learned from watching Christopher’s!

Be sure to share any fund raising ideas that really work! We’re always looking for more ways to fund cancer research through the ACS.

Shawn Price