question, did they FULLY plug each rod hole w/mortar, hydraulic cement, just wondering cuz it’s kind of important eh
5:35… says, ‘We have one opportunity, one chance to get this correct etc’
then he says, plastic mat… ‘we’ve relieved the PRESSURE’… no you, the plastic mat, didn’t lol
I see they backfilled with maybe 3’ ish of stone, okay, better than most… but ya still pushed in 3’ ish of crap soil. The crap soil will settle, there will still be PRESSURE against these walls., not as much as others because at least they backfilled with some 'stone. that helps reduce weight/pressure, does not RELIEVE most-all pressure as he said. lol just saying.
Why not backfill with most-all gravel, then you’d relieve more pressure… REMEMBER you have one chance to get this right… RIGHT?
Why not apply 2-3 coats of your ‘stuff’, that imo is a thin application and THAT is more important than the black mat
Hi Marcel @mcyr, what did you think of the rub-r-wall waterproofing? It’s being recommended for concrete foundation wall waterproofing (residential), but can’t seem to find too much information online and their website doesn’t seem to have product data sheets.
The last time I used this product on a commercial foundation was in 2000, so I really never heard back on its performance over the years. Great product then, and fairly expensive.
Thanks for the info. I tried to look on their US website and it didn’t have the same product info for some reason. Looks like a franchise/turnkey business and didn’t find a lot of feedback about it. Wondering if I should stick with bitumen or polyurethane since I hear about those a lot more, but you did use it 20+ years ago!