Any D.C. / Baltimore Area Inspectors Out There?

Originally Posted By: Cj Suter
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’ve been a structural estimator for insurance claims in the DC-Baltimore area for the past few years. Planning to get into home inspection very soon. I have tons of questions about the best way to do that. I’m thinking about taking a course to start out with but I’d also like to apprentice/ride along with someone like I did when I first got into estimating. I’d also like to talk with someone in the area about licensing req’s, experience, etc. I’m prepared to compensate someone willing to help for their time. Oh, and any suggestions about the what course to take or not to take would be appreciated.Thanks.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Cj,

You best possible avenue of finding a mentor would be to look up a NACHI inspector by using the inspector locator on the NACHI home page.

I am sure you will be able to find somone close to you. Let us know how you make out.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Our NACHI Foundation, a separate charitable organization which helps victims of uncertified inspectors is headed up by member Gary Johnson. He and the Foundation are Baltimore based. Give him a call.

Nick

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Call me. I was recently an insurance estimator. Not my old boss are ya? Anyhow, check my website with the link here and call the number sometime. I would be glad to offer advice, I just got off the ground not that long ago, and we could discuss a ride along. Course if you are gonna compete, I can’t give you too much. icon_twisted.gif

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: johlstrom

My company is located in Northern Virginia, we operate in MD, DC and VA. We are also HUD certified consultants and deal with a lot of estimating. Check out our website (still under some construction) and give me a call. www.housingmadesimple.com