New to business

Originally Posted By: dwengrow
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi everybody,

I’m new to the Home Inspections business. I live in Anne Arundel Co. Maryland and looking for a somebody I can do some ride alongs with. I recently completed a 5 day course and what it taught me is that this isn’t a easy business to be in and that I have a lot to learn.

Thanks, Dave

Originally Posted By: jmyers

David,

I am not sure what part of MD you are from but try contacting member Tom Kline to see if he is near you, tell him I sent you.

Joe Myers

Joe,

Tried to contact Tom Kline through NACHI’s member list but couldn’t find him. I live between Baltimore and Annapolis. I’m willing to drive a couple of hundred miles if necessary to do a ride along. I would like to talk to any NACHI members who are from Maryland to find out if we have a Maryland NACHI chapter or about the possibility of forming one.

Thanks,Dave

David,

Sorry, it is spelled Cline, not Kline.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Sean LaSalle

David,

What course did you take?

Sean LaSalle
Anchor Home Inspections

Sean,

I took the Home Inspectors couse @ Building Spec. in Maryland. It was a 48 hr. 5 day course. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it about an eight. The nice thing about was it was only about 25 miles from my house

Dave

Originally Posted By: Sean LaSalle

Dave,

I too attended that class. I thought it was very good. That is were I was going when I asked what course. They make you pay to go out with them. But If you join NAHI, you'll probably be able to go out with one of Building Specs affiliates.

Sean LaSalle
Anchor Home Inspections

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Dave,

You're welcome to come up this way to see how we do things in NY. Fugettaboutit!

Call if you want to tag along...

Joe F

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Dave,

I also live in the same area if you ever want to meet up and talk about getting the business off the ground. My brother and I are in the same process now. I live in the Millersville area.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Dave

Did you ever get ahold of Tom and ask him about the ride alongs?

Joe Myers

Joe,

I got in touch with Tom about 3 weeks ago. He said he was taking a 3 week vacation but had no problems with me riding along when he got back.

Thanks again,

Dave

Gary,

Nice to see somebody from this area is also a member of NACHI. How about sometime this weekend or maybe next week if possible.

Dave

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Dave, How about Friday next week we get together. We can meet at like the Double T Diner or something and go over some stuff…

Also I am putting together the first meeting of the MD Chapter for NACHI if you want to get in on that. I think that we could all put our heads to together and benifit.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Ken Papp

Hello, My name is Ken Papp and I am about as green of a newbee that you can get in the business. I am looking for anyone in the Harrisburg Pa area that I can spend some time with to help me get started in a new career. icon_smile.gif Thank you Ken

Originally Posted By: cnordby

icon_biggrin.gif Good idea! Is there anybody in the Seattle/Eastside area who would like a pest (that would be me) riding along and learning too? thanks! This is a great site!