Any info on Ontarioachi

[http://ontarioachi.ca](http://ontarioachi.ca/)  

I went to their web site and it does not show any activity.
I sent a couple of questions via email to three directors and did not get a reply .
Sad to see it is doing nothing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNZ5QNHxNZI

Which three directors did you send a request to? If something got lost in the system or you need information you could call…

Best Regards,

Pat

Maybe you could clarify what you mean by doing nothing? Because we don’t report our every move to you does not indicate nothing is going on - quite the contrary.

We really would like to know who these requests were sent to so we can check there isn’t a glitch in the email system.

Thanks for the reply.

Very interesting .(" Because we don’t report our every move to you does not indicate nothing is going on - quite the contrary. ")

Thanks for the report Much appreciated , Glad to know you read the NACHI site , I still see nothing any where that suggests Ontarioachi is active .

The forums posts are http://ontarioachi.ca/mb/index.php are all very old

wrong post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauriol https://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
Maybe you could clarify what you mean by doing nothing?
Because we don’t report our every move to you does not indicate nothing is going on - quite the contrary.

Thanks for the reply.*

Very interesting .(" Because we don’t report our every move to you does not indicate nothing is going on - quite the contrary. ")

Thanks for the report Much appreciated , Glad to know you read the NACHI site , I still see nothing any where that suggests Ontarioachi is active .

The forums posts are http://ontarioachi.ca/mb/index.php are all very old …

Who sits on the Ontarioachi discipline Committee

I regularly post on the OntarioACHI forum. Most recently as of two days ago.
I post there about as often as i post here.
(when i have time)

You are always quick to help me Roy, if you have any questions just let me know.

Good morning Roy, could you please let me know which 3 directors you sent emails to and when.
Thanks

No because it does no good I still do not know who sits on the Discipline committee .
If this association was active they would be posting info for all Ontario home Inspectors .
They would also be trying to increase their membership.

Hi Roy!

You can send your queries to: discipline@ontarioachi.ca and the Committee will get back to you and provide their information.

Still awaiting the information on which 3 directors did not respond to you so we can ensure their isn’t a system glitch.

Thanks for the feedback.

Pat

A simple question does not get answered

Thanks Pat did not work before why should it work now .
Still looks to me like the first post tells the whole story .

Copy below of post #1

http://ontarioachi.ca

I went to their web site and it does not show any activity.
I sent a couple of questions via email to three directors and did not get a reply .
Sad to see it is doing nothing .

:p:p:p
Roy I am trying to help you here! You said no to giving me the directors names so how can I help you, I can’t read minds. I checked all my accounts today and I did receive an email from you about 2 months ago sent to an account that has not been used in over a year. My email accounts are easy to find so I am a bit baffled!

I can post that email here if you would like?

As for posting info we post info as we can when there is something to update our members on and in our newsletters. Please remember we all have a job and family too! We have many projects that we are working on which will be revealed to our members first just like every other association and then to the rest …it`s only fair!

As for our membership we have grown and keep on growing every month and yes we invite all to join.

You have tried to sweep out our feet every step of the way, it is well documented on this forum. We are for all home inspectors… which you claim to be as well, so, please stop slagging us and let us help everyone that we can but it takes time and remember none of us get paid like they do in other associations it`s all volunteer no perks and a lot of out of pocket expenses.

Would you like me to post the email that I received from you so all can see because I know of at least one other person (BTW who is not or ever was a director) that received the same email?
Your call!

Thanks Scott I care less about That email .It is the past .
I do care about our industry .
For you to say
("You have tried to sweep out our feet every step of the way, it is well documented on this forum. We are for all home inspectors… which you claim to be as well, so, please stop slagging us and let us help everyone that we can but it takes ")
Bunk I still see nothing from this association .
They have not answered a simple Question .( listed on your web site is Standards & Discipline*** [FONT=“Arial”]Committee Chair[/FONT]*** Mark Ellison ).
Sounds like he is it .
This is wrong for having only one person and not fair to Mark .
To try and say Ontarionachi is going ahead looks bad to me Last news letter is ("Inspectors Newsletter - February 2014 ") .
Why not tell all what is gong on instead of beating around the bush .
Evading does no good , No way would I spend my money on Ontarioachi.
This association could be great for our industry but the facts do not seem to support what you say.
Evading is wrong. One person on Discipline committee is wrong . Refusing to give a true membership total is wrong .
I think Changes are needed ,No I am not interested in Joining.

Sorry but thank God for that, truly Mark would then be a very busy man! I always tell you the truth and sometimes I am sarcastic but enough is enough Roy give it a rest!

Thanks Scott I wish you well… Roy

And as always I wish the best for you!:smiley:

That’s right Roy. A simple question did not get answered. Who were the three (3) directors you supposedly sent emails to?

There are a lot of things going on on the OntarioACHI website, even though there may not be a lot going on on the message board.

The message board is there for people who want to post professional, constructive information. There is an open section, and there are members only sections. Just like in InterNACHI. We don’t really care if people post or not, it’s there as a benefit for those who wish to share there Inspector knowledge with others.

What we do care about are things that materially affect inspectors in Ontario. I can assure you that the board is working hard on many items that affect us now, and are going to affect us in the future.

If you want to know, you only have to ask. However having to scour the internet, looking for destructive comments and defending our actions against ne’er do wells who don’t see, or want to see the whole picture detracts from our efforts in other areas.

You are always so quick at saying you are there to help, but all you seem to want to do it destroy the efforts of those volunteers.

Yes, none of us get paid, and we have invested huge amounts of our own time in trying to do stuff for inspectors in Ontario, not just the few that want to come to the mountain and meet Roy.

The information you need to know with respect to your involvement in OntarioACHI are published on the website. If you can’t find it I you might want to purchase this book. Here

Best regards,
%between%](“http://www.amazon.com/COMPLETE-IDIOTS-GUIDE-SURFING-INTERNET/dp/0789720418”)

So you already know that Mark is the Chair. Have you tried to contact him instead of creating issues about Ontarioachi on a different forum?

You have continuously made pops at all involved in this Association without coming up with any positive suggestions. Just like the others you associate with on the other message boards, you are making comments and claims to “stir it up” without having factual information.
You are refusing to answer the requests about who didn’t provide you with replies which may indicate your original post was to create trouble, nothing less.

Best regards,
Pat

I am trying to show you guys where BIG improvement is needed .
If you want to represent home inspectors in Ontario then do it doing nothing not showing you are active to all is only going to lead to failure .
I see many of the directors look at the NACHI post’s every day .
Of course I know who all the directors are why do you guys keep your selves hidden .
Why are you so secretive and why avoid answering simple questions .
Get you names out there help other homies doing nothing is a bad way to do things .

Thank you Roy!

We are well aware as to needed improvements. As we received constructive comments from Members and Colleagues, we had them to the “to-do” list.

As mentioned previously by Len, Scott and myself, we are volunteers and provide as much time as possible, even sometimes more to try to incorporate as many changes and suggestions as possible within the framework of our Governance model.

You are as aware as us of the other Associations at play in Ontario. Some have a working partnership with us whereas others are only wishing to operate on a “solo” model. Much of the efforts expended by the Board and Committee Members over the past 18 months have been to address issues affecting the Home Inspection Profession in Ontario.
These issues have spanned across multiple Government departments and agencies as well as other service providers for our Profession.
Those Associations which have been working with us are aware of the work and efforts behind the scenes by OntarioACHI Members.
Unfortunately, because of the situation where another Association and a few individuals would like nothing less than seeing the demise of OntarioACHI, we have made a conscious decision to not publish any formal proceedings of these efforts until such time as written commitments have been received from various Authorities, outlining our progress.
We believe that many of these efforts will come to fruition over the coming weeks.

If you are inquiring about topics or information relevant to you as a non-member, the information is of course available.
The reason for the delay in information being released at any time is not because of secrecy but rather because, we are waiting for accurate and informative information to be made available without handing out efforts over to those whose sole ambition appears to defame and destroy us.

On your last point: We are indeed getting our names out there to help other Homies as a whole group rather than the one-on-one approach you have been providing.

Regards,
Pat