Anyone use radio ads?

Originally Posted By: wwarner
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m thinking of getting a radio ad.

Anyone out there use radio to promote their business?

I know Igor posted his example a while back… was looking for ideas and suggestions for content which the station can use to create one.

Bill

Originally Posted By: jgallant

I thought about being a day sponsor on my local National Public Radio (NPR) station. They wanted $400 though for the Seattle area. I think an NPR station might give a better return rate than any other station, at least in a metropolitan area.

-Jim Gallant

--
-Jim Gallant
Owner, All Point Home Inspections - Poulsbo, WA www.allpointinspections.com
Co-founder, ReportHost (Web-based report writing service) www.reporthost.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

NPR wants $400 AND they want our tax dollars?? icon_eek.gif

bwiley wrote:
NPR wants $400 AND they want our tax dollars?? :shock:

No, the local radio station that plays NPR content wanted the $400. They're two different entities.

-Jim Gallant

--
-Jim Gallant

Thanks Jim,

I don't know if I'd use NPR. Although I like to listen occasionally, I can't recall any names of sponsors, advertisers, etc. I and probably many others only listen for the news (highly biased) or become enveloped with a certain program. I'm trying to remember any sponsors of any of the programs I listened too and can't come up with any.

The station I'm considering is local and just changed formats and staff. They are starting small so I thought that maybe I might get "airplay" for cheaper than the going rates ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)
The station is now very community oriented. I'm thinking that this would be a good way to get potential buyers and sellers (and even real estate agents) to start thinking home inspections for when the busy season kicks in in a couple of months.
Since home inspections are not required for the transaction here... I'm hoping to spark more interest. I have found the general public in this region to be extremely ignorant (maybe too harsh a word, but best I could come up with) when it comes to home inspections. A common question is "what the he!! is a home inspection?" not in as so much as wanting to know, but more like saying "I've never heard of such a silly profession!"

Bill

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I don’t know if you have a small town radio station in your area or not. We have a local station which is sports radio, has decent ratings especially morning and afternoon drive time, and charges $6 per spot non drive, and $10 per spot drive time. They will produce the commercial for somewhere around %75. A friend of mine who has a lawn care business runs 4 afternoon drive time spots per week 3 weeks per month and has been doing so for three months. He has gotten business that he can attribute directly to these ads.

As for home inspector advertising, I wonder. It might work. If you can find it cheap enough and have the cash flow, why not?

NPR is biased? Compared to who?

-Jim Gallant

--
-Jim Gallant

Just bought part of a sponsorship for the local home and sports show. icon_smile.gif

Cost approx. $200.00 For week long blitz of 30 second spots leading up to the show and 100 name mentions (brought to you by…) during the show. They’ll have a live broadcast during the show and will want to do a brief interview also. icon_smile.gif

All this will be aired on two stations, their main one with the new format (country music and community oriented) and a sister station (contemporary Christian and more established)!

Hoping this will at least get my name out to the public, but even better for the phone to ring! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Bill

It's only Rock 'n Roll.... but I like it!

Originally Posted By: kbliss

Jim

NPR radio is liberal press,left wing just like the major networks.

Kurt Bliss