Are these impact marks?

What are these marks on the roof? Hail impact? It’s a new build (so new roof). They kinda random around the roof, no real pattern. Looking really close it kind of looks like it’s deteriorating but not sure. I don’t think they need a new roof.

https://inspectapedia.com/roof/Shingle_Damage_Mechanical.php

1 Like

Santa’s boots

5 Likes

The marks on the lower picture look to be exactly the width of ladder feet. It just looks like physical damage due to careless roofers. I’ve seen similar stuff with solar panel installations. You can tell which corner of the roof they loaded everything from because there is a “trail” of damage.

1 Like

That happened to my roof after a new roof was installed the solar company took off the panel so the roofer could install the roof and the solar company replaced the panel and caused about $500.00 worth of damage they had to pay for.

1 Like

those are marks from someone trying to walk on the roof when it too hot. the asphalt is too hot and the shingle get scuff marks like this.

1 Like

Damage from foot traffic is typically most evident on shingle butts. Almost surely foot traffic. Absolutely not hail. Those are scrapes, not impacts.

1 Like