ASHI Pushing Its National Model for Missouri HI Law

Special Bulletin
The Alliance of Missouri Home Inspectors
2/26/2009

Rep Mike Parson Reaching to the Fake “Coalition”:** **
You’ve heard of it…the coalition of home inspectors that claims to represent YOU, specifically, to the State Legislature. It calls itself “MAHI” and is led by three ASHI presidents from St. Louis, Columbia and Kansas City. It has no meetings and no active membership (other than those who have been required by their ASHI chapters to pay dues)…just one agenda – to see that the ASHI model for legislation becomes law in Missouri.

The President of MAHI…who claims to represent you to the State…recently published this report: “As of this date, no home inspection legislation bill has been filed or sent to committee. Last week Rep Mike Parson wanted a meeting with MAHI over our position on sending a bill to committee. Joe Pangborne from Columbia, Randy Sipe from Kansas City, and myself were to meet with Rep Parson on Monday, February 23, 2009. As I was getting ready to leave for Jeff City, Pat Strader our lobbyist called and related that Rep Parson cancelled the meeting and will reschedule at a later date. The good news is that it is higly likely that the longer Rep Parson waits to send a bill to committee, it will fail. My hope is that 2009 should be scrubbed and that if any legislator wants our support for home inspection legislation, call us in 2010 and make sure the bill is good for our industry and the consumers that hire us. Signed, Harry Morrell.”

The coalition that claims to be representing you…MAHI….does not like the current registration idea that Rep Parson is trying to sell and prefer that he resume with the previous bills that we have successfully fought. He wants the legislature to believe that you support his efforts and that is why he has disguised his ASHI affiliation with the fake “coalition” referred to as “MAHI”.

We need to work together to ensure that next year when Moe, Larry and Curly are pretending to be representing us as they promote the legislation that we have been able to hold off for the previous two years — is defeated again. We want to have our own lobbyist by then who actually does represent you and other home inspectors in Missouri, and we want to have our infrastructure well in place to see that their plans to create an autonomous licensing board with no rules until THEY write them….a law where the realtor can challenge your license for “the way you communicate” a report to their client….and other ridiculous controls over your business…are thwarted.

If you have not already joined us as dues paying members (we take payments), please join us in spirit and let your representatives at the State know that you are NOT represented by anyone called “MAHI” but are a part of The Affiliation of Missouri Home Inspectors (TAMHI).

[FONT=Arial]Good Luck![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I recommend that you “stay on top of this” as the FAKE COALITIONS are the “New” strategy that seems to be successful.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]In New Hampshire they;[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]1. Wrote a “law”.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]2. Got it passed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]3. Sit on and dominate the Home Inspector’s Licensing Board. {4 out of 5} [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]One thing that you and all other should be aware of……[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]The law was written and passed “AS IS”. We fought long and hard in both the House and the Senate to take out provisions that would in essence be the “ASHI Model Licensing Law”.[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial]Now that they dominate the board what are they doing? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]They are trying to make “Amendments” that puts everything back to “Square One”! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]{The NHIE, the Slave Labor “Ride Along” program, The “ASHI only” Continuing Education programs} [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]The local ASHI {New Hampshire} FAKE COALITION MONITORS & reads the NACHI message board on a DAILY basis so…… ANYTHING that I post here only serves to give them ADVANCE WARNING of any counter measure that we might make.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I will GUARANTEE you that the FAKE COALITION in Missouri like the one in New Hampshire… is reading everything that you post on this message board! [/FONT]

Frank,
With complete respect, that is not all true.
The licensing board is working extremely hard and has a large amount of work to do.
you should be in support of the board and not against it.
Carla

Why is that, Carla?

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f14/nh-legislation-35080/#post448822
http://www.nachi.org/forum/f14/nh-licensing-12112/#post475913

[quote=“lkage, post:5, topic:36703”]

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f14/nh-legislation-35080/#post448822
[

Sorry…but I am still missing the point.

Why must Frank…or anyone…support his or any other state licensing board? I truly do not understand.](“http://www.nachi.org/forum/f14/nh-licensing-12112/#post475913”)

Carla, being from New Hampshire, how do you know that the Missouri licensing board is working hard, or at all? What do you know that we do not? Please share with us your information.

Gary, Carla is responding to Franks comment about what happened here in NH. Go back and read all the threads, she wasn’t referring to Missouri.

I believe Carla sits on the NH Licensing Bard.

I know that Carla sits on her licensing board.

This was her reward for her efforts in supporting it when the majority of her fellow NACHI members opposed it. As I recall, NACHI’s ED (John Bowman) made trips in to meet with those sponsoring the bill and gave the errant impression to many that NACHI was in support of the same bill that so many NH NACHI members opposed.

By deceit, much as Frank described, the legislature was duped into thinking that there was a collective measure of support for the bill.

In fact, the success in making this false appearance was highlighted by ASHI in a recent publication.

Carla’s siding with those who eventually won the fight is honrorable or dubious, depending upon which side of the issue you are on.

Still…I am interested in hearing her explanation as to why Frank…or anyone…owes “support” to a licensing board.

Well James,
I already know that you will disagree with what I say but “here ya go”
first, I do not side with anyone I form my own opinions, always have and always will. I do what is best for me and the people around me.
second, licensing is in NH, working together things get acomplished much more than being a wrench in the gears.
as a matter of fact it is really too bad in your case because if a guy like you spent a 1/3 of the time being positive and helpful you would change the world for a better place, just a shame!:frowning:

wow I just noticed that yesterday was my 6th aniv. with inachi! Thanks Nick!

I do disagree with you, Carla, but I am also an advocate of the right of the majority to do what they wish in their own state. The majority of NACHI members belonged to the chapter that opposed the law you advocated and…well…do you feel it is realistic to expect them to “support” a measure that forced upon them by deceit?

As far as “positive” and “negative”, you certainly understand those to be relative terms. Opponents of licensing laws find my efforts to be positive and constructive (they tell me) while proponents find me to be negative and destructive.

I am as committed to my cause as you are to yours, Carla.

Licensing is always an initiative started by someone hoping to gain by it at the expense of the other guy. There has never been an exception to that…not even in your state.

You left your NACHI majority and sided with the fake “coalition” led by ASHI and by doing so, you earned your spot on the licensing board. Like you said, first…you do what is right for you. You did it. Just don’t expect those who didn’t to respect you for it or “support” you.

Whenever you’re having a bad day…just look up into the sky, smile, and thank God that I don’t live and work in New Hampshire.:wink:

Oh…and happy anniversary.

Laws, rules, regulations are all only created for the benefit of the ones who create them. No one else.

The Alliance of Missouri Home Inspectors (TAMHI) now has its own website, thanks to Nick and Dom.

Feel free to visit us.

James, is this why you’ve settled down on the MB?