ASHI trickery in Missouri

Balls? Balls?

Do you mean balls … like these balls?

Suddenly … you have balls? I’m glad to hear it.

Based on what happened in Florida you’d think they’d learn by now. :roll:

No, that is nothing but pure stupidity on your part. Your ego got in your way on that one. Us Missouri inspectors will not put up with it. The only way we allowed that reporter to talk to us inspectors is by you unintentionally lying to us. That House Representative was actually helping us out but you chose to stab him in the back. Too bad you boasted of one of your very few failures in this fight against home inspection licensure as an accomplishment, when you had accomplished so much. Just ask your fellow Missouri inspectors about what they think of what you did last, and then ask them what they think about you. We support your fight and respect you, we just do not support your way you chose to fight it. You screwed up but we shall hold no grudges because of it. I hope you do actually do accomplish something this year since you took last year off after the incident with the article. The Kansas City Star report is a scum bag, so the incident was not entirely your fault.
I am reenergized and I am ready for a fight. How about you?

It seems that you are the only one to “demur”. Must be them big balls you got.:wink:

I’ll leave you alone, now. I just wanted to point out that fighting these mental midgets that want to put used house salesmen in charge of home inspections through their legislative efforts is going to take more than sarcasm and message board posts. Don’t stop what you are doing, though. It can’t hurt.

You and your bastard reporter told me that this was a story about licensing, not about defaming a Missouri Representative. When I realized where the story was heading I shut the hell up. Your friend the reporter assured me that my name would not be mentioned in the article but I would not say no more because something said not to trust him. I did not demurrer anything, your reporter did not like what and what not I had to say to him, so the bastard lied. And you know he did. I can post the emails between you and me on this subject to prove this. All I need is your permission.

I work alone, now. I will continue to do so just as I did last year. You guys do your thing and leave me out of it.

When was having mortals a bad thing. You use to be highly respected by us Missouri inspectors, Bushart. What happened to you?

Mr. Kraske’s article accurately depicts “what happened”. I expected the legislator to act like the snake he was. That’s his job. Frankly, I was taken back by your demurring your initial confirmation…but the point was still made.

In the article I posted earlier … which was picked up and syndicated in every major Missouri newspaper … the same facts that you are trying to highlight in this obscure message board thread had quite an impact. Lobbyists, with the phony coalition and money from used house salesmen, are attempting to buy a home inspector law. In fact, the Columbia journalism class did a follow up on it of their own.

Now and in the future, when the make believe coalition drops their knickers for the used house salesmen to push another bill, the media is able to build upon the story that has already been established. This means … it’s easier to get the publicity, particularly with those who know from this record that this ASHI circle jerk you are referring to does NOT REALLY represent home inspectors in Missouri.

As to what “us Missouri inspectors” think, it is of no concern to me. You don’t represent me anymore than that group of pretend “leaders” in St. Louis does.

OK. To all politicians in Missouri.

Pass home inspection laws in Missouri, you will not get re-elected.

Just look at Kansas. Most got voted out. The governor resigned to go to DC, because she saw what was happening in Kansas, and got out. Senator Wysong, who I personally talked to and put the sunset rule in the legislation, resigned.

Kansas home inspection laws require you to abide by the Kansas standard of practice, which says that you do not have to check any appliances or appliance connections, check only one outlet, one switch, one window per room, no storm doors or storm windows, one cabinet, one step, etc. This results in a $149 to $200 home inspection, as to which the RE agents want, so, by law, the home inspector will not alarm the home buyer. Many home defects will then be bypassed, by law, so the home will sell and the agents will get their commissions.

Pretty much a shafting to the home buyers.

Lawmakers, do you want me to inspect your next home purchase, and by law, inspect your new home using these laws and procedures?

Yes, you can go above them, buy why would you want to? Heck, now inspections in Kansas only take an hour, and are only a few pages in length, and cheap, low-cost say-nothing reports are the norm.

Good luck with your re-election.

Agents will get what they want, and then spit you out so you will not have a chance to change them back. Wise up.

You have not been a part of us Missouri inspectors, since before the Kansas Star article. The sad part is that I am a lot more forgiving then most of the other inspectors.

After I realized your bastard reporter was not actually writing a story about home inspection licensing but a story to defame a legislator who has always helped us, I shut up about the whole meeting. Your friend the reporter did not like what I had to say to him and what I had not said about this legislator. So your reporter lied and you know he did. I have the emails between me and you to prove this. I just need your permission to post them.

No need to post any emails. The article speaks for itself and you have explained your reasoning for backing away from your initial confirmation. Three of us are on the record and that was enough for the reporter. He didn’t need your confirmation to publish his story.

Your reporter got the information by lying. How is that a good thing? Only you would try to make a pile of crap smell like a rose.

He definitely made you out to look pretty bad and I can certainly understand your anger and embarassment … but he got the story straight and published what happened. That’s what really matters.

As for any “lies” he may or may not have told you when he spoke to you … that is between you and him.

I think I have published about all that I want the ASHI goobers to read from me on this subject. Their phony “coalition” isn’t fooling anybody who truly matters. If they want to throw away even more money on a lobbyist for this cause this year … cool. It’s less money they have to spend on “branding” and marketing. If you need to discuss this further, call me or email me.

No, you don’t! We are going to have this out now and in this forum. You are the one who brought the article up in my thread, not me. Let me post the emails for everybody knows what really happened.

You’d think … but in major Missouri cities, many real estate salesmen rely heavily upon the ASHI member and his soft report to help them sell houses. They work very closely as a “team” and I suppose that these legislative efforts are the price these inspectors are willing to pay to stay on that “team”.

Indeed.

That was an awesome article. I don’t see anything in it we should be complaining about. The reporter seems to have given extra effort to meticulously report exact quotes.

Our war is with diploma mill ASHI, not good reporters or each other.

I’ve done a zillion interviews for InterNACHI. In the world I live in, even after I repeat my statement twice and then follow up with an email restating my position… most reporters get it wrong.

I consider it a great interview if they just get the capitalization in “InterNACHI” correct. LOL

50% of what is read and broadcast in the media is incorrect. 50% may be taken as being mostly correct. Just look at the NAR national home sales numbers.

We are nearly to the point in our lives that we may be starting a war with the media. Just look at the wall street protesters, who have it all wrong.

We must strive for facts, be the professionals we should be, and prove ourselves to these so-called “politicians”, that they are wrong, and what will result if they proceed.

It still amazes me that home builders, contractors of all trades do not need to be licensed, insured, or even be as responsible as us, yet we fail to act like the professionals we need to be.