Attic Inspection

I’ve seen many bird nests better constructed.

I hope David A. will be so kind and share his analyses of this house, at least partially.

I would enjoy that, too, Chris…with Mr. Dean’s permission, of course.:slight_smile:

That has got to be the most abortionized roof framing I have seen in 45 years of my career in construction building.
Get this guy of the street, he is an imposter builder.

If anyone can help is Dave A.

Builder is also Realtor!

Should pick one and learn to be good at it.

I have a 330,000 sf commercial inspection tomorrow, but am going to try and swing by tomorrow evening and take a look at things and try to save 200 miles of driving…

See if I can find the Building Permit around someplace!??

Marcel, Do you think it would stand up to your snow load in Down ME.? :wink:

Take a look at the other pic’s on Photobucket.

May need to go shopping at Simpson Strong-Tie:

Dave, as unorthodox of a framing I have seen, there are so many power nails shot in to this lumber it might even hold up 8" of wet snow. :wink:

Unfortunately, there are engineered guidelines that have been a standard of practice for residential building framing, and this is not one of them.

What the capacity of any of the framing connections shown in the pictures are, is unknown and should be considered a liabilty on future performance of it’s entended purpose.

Good luck. :slight_smile:

After looking at those pictures, I would just walk away.

Had a productive preview/meeting with Mr. David Anderson.

Feel free to fill the fellas in, David.

Follow-up:

We walked (actually ran) away and the builder refunded our earnest money.

I want to thank all of you for the guidance and advice… and a huge thank you to Mr. David Anderson for taking the time out of his busy schedule to evaluate and confirm my concerns.

Rod, just for the record (for other threads from lame thermographers) did I charge you a thing for my part in your decision?

Did I do everything in my power to make the deal go through, with everyone’s interest in mind?

Did you not make your decision based on “real” facts?

Did the contractor also agree with those findings?

Would you consider my services in the future?

Would you recommend relatives and friends for my service?

These are the Important things people!
Not how many inspections you can do in a day.
Not how many Realtors you can piss off!

“Observe, Collect, & Report your findings” (with all parties consideration…).

Good stuff, David…and, I’m glad it worked out for you, Mr Dean. :smiley:

See my answers above in** bold**…