Attic or crawl space access

What size opening is considered too small for inspector too enter attic or crawl space.

when you can’t fit in it

:wink:

30x22

18x24

:):wink:

Just a bit too small

hqdefault[1].jpg

OR

Always remember to bring several sticks of butter and a hungry bear with you for the tight spots.
The butter: You can geese yourself up and slide “in and out” of attic hatches or tight crawl spaces with ease.
Works great.

The bear. 2 reasons Donnie.
And for God sake please do as I say;Old wild Cockamamie trick but still works today. Handed down to me from a friend. He is stuffed and mounted in-front of my friends fire place. Use to talk to me late at night when no one was around.:roll:
Its to have the bear lick you clean.

Insure the bear is not that hungry and Do it in private and well away from ear shot. So your client does not think you are nuts when he hears you laughing aloud when the bear licks your butt and the bottoms of your feet clean.
It tickles like H E L L.:slight_smile:

Plus [size=4]it does not look professional at all.[/size]

The second reason for the bear?
It keeps the real estate agents at bay.:wink:
They will know you are green once they see you with butter.
They expect you to butter them up.:wink:

Once they see you start to butter yourself up to get into tight spaces they will be mad as H E L L!!
But they will not bother you if you have a bear at the inspection.

You have to be in the industry for years to know what to do.
You also have to be a good woodsmen and know allot about bears. Trust me.:eek: They get a certain glint in their eye when they are hungry and start liking your feet.
Better pray she does not get that glint in her eye when she is cleaning your butt. you can’t see her eyes.
Better carry 20 pounds of raw fish with you the first time you trey this.
You will know why if things do not look like they are going well and the bear gets that glint you never seen before.

Hay no male bears OK. Never know whats going to happen when they clean your butt.
Lucky I got that out in time.

**Take my advice and do not tell anyone. You want to get ahead, don’t you? **. Shhhhhh!!!

All the best.

PS" I think Marcel’s answer is easier myself.

18 x 30 & 18 x 24

Per Florida CPCO: 20 x 22 for ceiling and 22 x 48 for vert.

Robert,

You must have incredible dope up there in CA!

Pls PM me so I can find out the source.:slight_smile:

I hope you enjoyed.:slight_smile:

Here the state considers readily accessible as openings bigger than 18x24.

I know the opening as 16 x 20 minimum…
(yes, I used to be able to fit thru this size opening Inspecting Chemical Towers & Reactors…
(encapsulated with supplied air))
:slight_smile:

however that is defined as an OSHA Confined Space with Standby required…

If you employ Inspectors, you need to do more research in this area regarding attics and crawl spaces
for your own protection as well as those of your employees…

I’ve seen many standards for attics and crawls but have mosttly seen 16X24 for walls and 18X24 for floors and ceilings. Have also seen standard of 22X30 with 30" of headroom. I guess the first reply covers it for inspectors … “it’s too small when you can’t fit in it”.

Remember, an inspector does not have to enter an area if not accesable or deemed unsafe. Document it to CYA.