Availability of part-time inpection work.

Originally Posted By: lkocher
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

icon_question.gif

Does any established local inspector have the need for an apprentice to occasionally assist on inspections and eventually be capable of filling in during vacations, work peaks, or other emergencies?

I need something challenging to do part-time only during my retirement and believe part-time home inspection would be just that and very enjoyable as well.

I'm 56 years old and retired a year ago from PPL after 35 years serving as a Project Manager and Lead Engineer in the Nuclear Department and various other departments. This involved performing plant walkdowns, understanding procedures, plant systems & regulatory requirements, budgeting, and the preparation of design modifications, presentations, & final reports.
I enjoy home remodeling, hunting, fishing and tennis.

I recently passed the NACHI on-line certification test but do not wish to start my own business or work full time.

Please reply to indicate if you are interested in pursuing my service as a part-time apprentice and operate within 20-25 miles of my home which is 4 miles north of Bath, Pa.

I'll be sure to contact you after the holiday to answer any questions you may have or provide additional information you may require.

Thank you and have a nice holiday!

[/i]

Originally Posted By: jmyers

I have been all over the state of PA and many others but I have never heard of BATH, PA. What is it close to?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: lkocher

Bath is approximately 8 miles north of Bethlehem which is part of the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area termed the Lehigh Valley.