Originally Posted By: Jeffrey Lewis
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
I am getting ready to buy a house and the inspector found a mold or fungus on several of the basement ceiling joists. I looked at today and most of them are not near a pipe or any type of moisture source. Also, the sub floor above is completely clean. It seems that this was construction mold.
My Plan: I plan on having the seller get this remediated and perform an air sample test before and after. Does this sound like the right thing to do? Also, how do I make sure they use someone reputable?
Thanks for your help.
Here is a picture.
[ Image: http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/D/DSCN1302.JPG ]