Originally Posted By: jtedesco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
I just searched on www.google.com for “Home Inspector Safety” and found this in the advice and safety area on a HI site.
|When you first touch the main electrical panel, do it by tapping the panel with the back of your hand. If it is hot, the shock will then knock you away rather than freezing you onto it.|
I do not agree with this and will make this a "National Issue" soon when writing on the subject in my monthly column in EC&M Magazine.
I have my opinions, and you have yours!
The electrical current doesn't care what type of building you are in, and this discussion is not only for a Home Inspector, but instead a discussion on safety and staying alive!
Have you ever received a shock that was like being kicked by a horse? I have and only because of a foolish mistake.
Learn to respect electricity and stay alive.
I have over 50 different videos that show the hazards and not one gives this kind of advice.
Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant