Beam me up Scotty

In general inverse-time CB’s are inherently similar. Smaller branch CB’s might have slightly different trip curves based on how the manufacturer designs them when comparing them to say the 200 amp main CB in this case.

An example would be to think about an AC unit that runs at 20 amps. Typically the CB protecting that circuit would be rated for about 35 amps. During start up the starting current could be up to 600% of the running current or about 120 amps. That’s certainly well above the 35 amp trip setting on the CB but it doesn’t trip. That’s because it’s inverse-time design allows it to pass a large amount of current for a very short duration of time, enough time for the compressor motor to start. If these breaker were not designed this way then large inrush loads such as motors could never start.

Here is a double pole breaker on a free standing cook stove from today that I did not like the temp differential between the two legs should have been close to the same temp on both legs. Putting it on the repair list to have the breaker and or circuit checked

BTW I find a ton of kitchen stove breakers just like this one

Big differential in my opinion… Nice Mr. Bottger. I have to get a IR camera when my company gets more secure and earnings are dictating upgrades are allowed.
I have looked into pricing and education. Very good findings.
Thanks… Robert the Canuc.

I agree that they should be closer in temperature if the loads are the same on each leg but what is a normal temperature? Is the lower one normal?

I generally see the temps range between 100 F and 110F really depends on How long I am operating the stove and the length of run. I pay more attention to the un-balanced temp than how high it is until it reaches up in the area of 130 F and again that will depend on the ambient temp at the panel lots of considerations to take in when scanning panels

Mr Bottger died in 1962 they generally call me Charley;-):wink: