Originally Posted By: gbeaumont
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Please stop to consider carefully whenever you are stung or bitten exactly how you feel, and if you feel ANYTHING abnormal, please get immediate medical attention. Please don't make the mistake of believing that you are immune just because you have had NO PREVIOUS bad reactions.
The Bottom Line
Had we been unable to get him to ER promptly HE WOULD HAVE DIED from Anaphalatic shock, The Doctors say he may have been dead in another 10-15 Min's (we had him in ER within 15 Min's of the stings)
If you have the opportunity, please ask you GP about the risks that you take with your job, and asked if you can be checked for sensitivity to stings and bites, if you have any previous history of bad allergic reactions please get a prescription for EPIPENS to carry in your car/truck.
BE CAREFULLY OUT THERE, AND DON"T ASSUME YOU ARE IMMUNE TO ANYTHING
On a happier note he should be released from Hospital tomorrow and will make a full recovery, his allergist believes he can be desensitized, so will be in less danger in future. He will be carrying Epipens for the rest of his life however.