Big Shout Out to fellow Inspector Brian Cawhern

Just to set the stage;

I was contacted last week regarding an inspection. The potential client was on the road, limited cell service, but sent me the property address located here in my hometown. Turns out it was one of the older motels in the city. Built probably in the early 70’s with 13 rooms, an office and various other rooms etc. I have never taken on such a project, but didn’t want to turn it down either.

The potential client suggested we talk the next day when he was in better cell service. In the meantime, I called Brian because of his commercial background, to see if he would be interested in taking the project on and I would assist. He agreed and took if from there. Secured the client with his proposal, scheduled the date and took the lead on the project. We completed it today and I can’t express enough gratitude for him willing to help me with this and close the deal. Plus the great advice and learning I received from someone with a commercial background only advances my inspection education

Thanks Brian! It was a great day!

Tom  Brian

28 Likes

Did He bring Pizza and beer ???

8 Likes

Well done, it’s nice to see two inspectors that are on this forum so much team up and help each other out. So what did you guys have for lunch?

12 Likes

We actually skipped it and knocked it out. Pretty sure Brian grabbed something on the way home. I live 10 minutes away… :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Tom, not only are you a top notch professional, you are a damn good guy! It was a pleasure and an honor. Next time I say skip the inspection and break out the fishing poles.

8 Likes

I’ll buy lunch and the beer. We can get that fishing trip in, just let me know. :wink:

5 Likes

Both of you do the Realtor shuffle with those 20 year old profile pictures! Looks like you’ve aged!

11 Likes

Nice job guys!

4 Likes

Always nice to see a team-up to get the job done and get to know each other.
Well done guys.

4 Likes

Brian looks the same, my hair is more gray and I’ve gained the Covid-20. Trying to work on that… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Good deal. Glad you were able to get the job done! And also learn a little.

4 Likes

Any cool defects you would be willing to share?

4 Likes

I’ve always found with these type of inspections it’s best to get a routine down for each unit, the inspection proccess flows much better with a game plan in place.

Nice to see inspectors working together in harmony. :+1:

5 Likes

And we did set a systematic routine prior to the start. It worked out perfectly.

3 Likes

Going to defer that to Brian. It was interesting in the fact it has been vacant for 2 years. Turning the water on (by the owner’s plumber) was interesting to say the least.

4 Likes

Very nice.

4 Likes

11 Likes

As Tom mentioned, the owners plumber/not-plumber had some tom-foolery going on. And, we employed your water turn-on procedure, thanks again for that. Sure enough, the plumber/not-plumber assured us there were no problems with pressurizing the system. As Maury would say “The results are in and that is a lie”. But, it all worked out in the end with no damage.

7 Likes

It sounds like everybody learned a little something today and on top of it you guys made some coin. Not a bad day at all :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

And to note, welcome to my world of inspecting. Brian observed what I have to deal with up here. “Plumber/ not a plumber” is what we have. It’s a fun place to inspect… :crazy_face:

10 Likes