BNI

I meet with a BNI group at lunch for 90 mins once a week. I book my inspections around that time slot. One before the meeting and one after. No big deal. If I get a third I get a substitute to fill in that day. It’s great to network with 20 other professionals weekly. It’s not about referring businesses you don’t know. The whole point is to build the relationships and trust. Find out about their business and they find out about yours. The referrals start coming in when they see your integrity/character/service. It’s not an overnight process. Good recharge every week for marketing yourself.

I am a current member and the referrals paid my dues for the year within the first couple weeks. Since then the growth and income it added to my business is phenomenal. The time you spend at meetings can lead to thousands of dollars in new income. I get cold calls from other chapter members from other states to do inspections, in my area. BTW the flower guy in my chapter not only gave me a referral that I won, but posts like mad on Facebook and is awesome at networking. Win Win

follow this link. arkansas won’t let you do this anymore.

http://www.ahib.org/marketing_groups.php

2 Likes

Around here it is… :face_vomiting:

is BNI against the interNachi Code of ethics? Paying for referrals.

I know this is an old post, I was searching Bni, trying to decide if I should join one here.

I don’t see it being against ethics. You aren’t paying for a referral, you are paying for a membership

Well that’s entirely not true, yes it’s a membership fee, but if you do not give referrals every week you will just get kicked out. It’s not like other networking groups. You have to give referrals and they track each one. You also have to disclose your income from each referral you are given. I attended a meeting one as a guest. I was shocked on the whole politics that are involved. Then they all wanted my money to join the group. I walked out.

2 Likes

Miss a meeting and your out !!

3 Likes

Thanks for the Insight. I didn’t realize all that.

1 Like

That’s good to know as well, I will have to look into that. If that’s the case, I’m not interested, because this isn’t even in my preferred area.
And it costs about 1500 a year I believe

2 Likes

Yeah, I was approached by them and looked into it a bit. It seems it’s more of a cult than a leads group… and a REALLY expensive one at that.

4 Likes

Just look up networking groups in Google for your area. There are a bunch and most private groups are like $100.00 a year. And nothing like BNI, as BNI is run by the mob. lol.

2 Likes