Broward County Inspector Needed

Are you a good inspector covering Broward County looking for additional work? Currently we have more inspections in the area than our inspectors can handle.

I would like to talk to you if you are interested. I can be reached by cell at 972-839-0774. Email chris@tei.co

Send them to Us

I am willing to consider something like that.

Thought everyone has to be vetted through Citizens?

No, we are not working through that Citizens program anymore. Good luck to those who are.

Why is that Chris. Please let us know.

Funny it seems they are in dire need for saps.

I get 2 email at a time and at least 3 to 4 times a week.

I guess their business model is not panning out.

Bust your *** for 1/2 the pay do twice the work wait a month for the money then have some idiot decide weather you get it or not. Not sure if that is their method or not but I imagine I am close.

That seems like a good assessment of “their” process. You forgot you have to put out money on insurance, drug testing and background check. They used to have a processing fee also.

The worst is their communication, submit stuff five times and the rules change daily.

After you go through all that they tell you they do not have much in your area and want you to travel hours to the first inspection.

Just my assessment of the process and my opinion.

Why doesn’t every inspector keep a log of problems and then contact the OIR with legitimate complaints. If we do not keep a detailed list of offenses and ones in charge do not know then nothing will change.

I am saying this because some may know and some may not, but NACHI has been working diligently to get the contract that inspection depot has. If enough verified complaints are brought to the attention of the OIR, then maybe Ben, Mack and Nick can fogre forward when the contract is up for renewal and a non profit organization can get the contract, such as NACHI.

Does someone has contact information at the OIR, that we can send our complaint and voice ur opinions to? For all we know the OIR may think inspection depot is doing a great job, only the inspectors can tell and prove different.

Instead of complaining and thinking everything is dismal, let’s find a way to start altering the current. Let’s find a way to get the OIRs attention and start making a difference NOW, so that when the contract is up they know how things have been poorly ran.

The OIR is a joke.
Kind of like our ethics committee.

Even if you complain they will do nothing. I doubt they would even keep the complaint. They may file it in the circular file.

They do not even answer questions about the form they create. They do not even tell you who is responsible for creating it. Yes I know it is a group effort. They do nothing but screw our life up.

Does anyone have an example of the OIR ever doing or regulating anything???

All they do is make us do what the insurance companies want.

I think the OIR should actually Regulate the Insurance Companies. Novel thought there huh.

They do not look out for clients they do not look out for inspectors so who do they look out for

drum-roll please…

The Insurance Companies.
:smiley:

You are correct I did forget all that crap as well. Thanks for pointing it out to those who do not know.

We have a saying in the construction industry.
It is that someone is buying a job. That means that they are doing something for next to no profit or at a loss. It is a way some companies stay afloat for a while or keep their employees working which at least keeps them for when and if things change.

Doing re-inspections to me seems very similar. A whole lot of work, how and when someone says for very little pay that takes forever to get.

Not a good idea for me anyway they slice it.
Not now and probably not ever.

[quote=“rhensel, post:8, topic:64675”]

Why doesn’t every inspector keep a log of problems and then contact the OIR with legitimate complaints. If we do not keep a detailed list of offenses and ones in charge do not know then nothing will change.

I am saying this because some may know and some may not, but NACHI has been working diligently to get the contract that inspection depot has. If enough verified complaints are brought to the attention of the OIR, then maybe Ben, Mack and Nick can fogre forward when the contract is up for renewal and a non profit organization can get the contract, such as NACHI.

Does someone has contact information at the OIR, that we can send our complaint and voice ur opinions to? For all we know the OIR may think inspection depot is doing a great job, only the inspectors can tell and prove different.

Instead of complaining and thinking everything is dismal, let’s find a way to start altering the current. Let’s find a way to get the OIRs attention and start making a difference NOW, so that when the contract is up they know how things have been poorly ran./QUOTE

There are three companies currently under contract with Citizens, not just Inspection Depot. Even if we had alot of valid complaints about the program… The program has the $$$ numbers to prove its worth. We,(Nachi) have the resources to compete with the contract, just need to get organized.

Didn’t we try to get a better way of doing them for Nachi inspectors and got beat-up on this message board?:mrgreen:

But we need to first prove that what is in place is not working, then come up with a solution. I know I love it when my people bring me a problem along with a solution which will be win win for all involved.

I don’t think insurance companies want to screw people, I think they just want accuracy. Can you blame them?

Agree 100%! :stuck_out_tongue:

Russell,

In reality these forms prove nothing. Some of the documentation that they are asking for can easily be obtained on line or through a simple phone call to the building department.

Some of what they are asking has no bearing whatsoever on insurance costs.

Go line by line. Some of the older homes built before the new codes went into effect are stronger. or as strong as the homes built today. The real problem in homes comes from the 70’s up until 1994 or 2001. Hurricane Andrew proved that. This information is obtained on line at the appraisers web site.

That would also cover the roof covering. The old form says predominant covering. The new form addresses all roof coverings. Some older roof systems are in great shape. Should they be denied just because of age. Most of the ones that need to be replaced have already been replaced (but not all). For those that have not, a simple check on permits, depending on the age of the roof, should suffice.

The nailing pattern and decking is one item that maybe should be checked by an inspector, as some of the 1970 - 1990 home (HVWZ may be different). Your area may be different - correct me if I am wrong.

SWR - almost impossible to check in most cases, especially when that want a picture. Research needs to be done at the building department in most cases for documentation.

Roof shape - most homes can be done from pictures on line. A few cannot. Maybe certain homes would have to be measured. But are you telling me that some of these 50 or 60 year old homes in Dade county cannot survive a hurricane just because they have a gable end. Hell, many of them are stronger than newer homes. Most of them were designed differently than homes today. They are more compact. They don’t need a inspection. What they really need is an engineering analysis to prove uplift.

Gable end bracing. That is something on the homes with large gable ends that may need an inspection. But I am also wiling to bet that over 50 percent of the inspectors out there cannot identify proper gable end bracing. There are other methods, other than what we look at that would meet the standards.

Opening protection. OK. You may need someone to verify this. But why can’t the homeowner send in his own pictures and backup paperwork.

I know every inspector who reads this is going to say “what the hell” because many of them make a lot of money on these inspections. But do these inspections really benefit the consumer. Not when they pay for one thing and then have a re-inspection and are told another thing.

In my opinion, and it is only an opinion, the insurance companies need to hire / employ their own assessors / inspectors to conduct a survey on the property to cover all aspects of what they need. If a homeowner disagrees with their assessment, then an independent inspector should be hired. Those inspectors could very well be home inspectors. But right now the system is totally flawed with the way it is being done and it does no service to the homeowner. All it does is create jobs for inspectors and lot of industry confusion for both the inspectors, homeowners, and insurance companies.

Russell,

You are confusing two issues.

I would speculate that your/our perception of failure of the re-insp. program is likely very different from Citizen’s perception of the re-insp. program. I would also speculate that Citizen’s doesn’t care if the field grunts are unhappy. When they can spend $20 mil on contracts for Re-inspections and take back $80mil in discounts, I would bet that they consider the program to be very successful.

Also, the OIR does not administer the contract for re-inspections and really doesn’t care what kind of job I.D., D. Meyler, etc. is doing. With respect to the re-inspection program- our fight is not with the OIR- but rather the companies that have re-inspection programs.