Buyers refute radon results?

I’m sure you meant “group 1”

2 Likes

yes, thank you

To Jeff Jonas:
How do you seek to improve the world around you? When you see gaps in the system or policy and procedure what do you do to improve upon them (besides cute snarky online posts) :slight_smile: How have you demanded more of yourself to be the best of the best? What have you accomplished in mentoring those around you? Serious questions Jeff.

For me: 1) I am an active participant in regional radon conversations even outside of my EPA region (That only makes sense to those who know what an EPA region is). I am an active force in developing and ushering in radon policy in Arizona. 2) I am Arizona’s only public speaker on Radon http://aarst-nrpp.com/wp/aarst-member-search/radon-speakers-bureau-members/ and AARST Member Search « AARST-NRPP AARST Member ID 7392 3) I am certified in every most commonly used radon device and I am the most certified person in that regard across the US and Canada. Certified Radon Professionals

So, Jeff…how do you help outside of the safe world of the internet?

My response was a professional response. Your answer to them was not to open top floor windows? THAT is not a professional response nor a reasonable mitigation.

You figured out the hidden secret of radon gases, stack effect! Brilliant! Radon gases tend to concentrate at lower sections of the home such as basements, crawlspace etc. What pulls it up into the home before it plates out? Stack effect.

So, please tell me why my answer was not a professional response?

2 Likes

Professionalism extends beyond stating mitigate or not to mitigate…anyone who reads the EPA Buyer’s Guide can do that when they see the numbers. Interpreting the numbers, asking the questions to know more, to gain a more clear picture of the situation…assembling it all together in nice and tidy notes for the consumer. Educate them about their own home…That is professional

In the situation I experience and provided previously there is no reason to mitigate. There is reason to advise them not to open the 2nd floor windows to exhaust the heat and expedite the stack effect.

I am not a radon professional. I am not a water professional. I am not a meth professional. I am not a lead professional. I am not mold professional. I am a home inspector. I am a generalist; Anyone, anywhere, anytime can refute anything I say. You are about to do it right now…and go. What was the reason for your post?

2 Likes

Yes, that is the way of the home inspector but not someone who provides subject matter expertise services like radon, lead, mold, water…

Stop pounding your damn chest.
This is getting PONDEROUS… … …

6 Likes

Look away, simple

Now you have people afraid to open their windows except to exhaust heat, which is exactly what their house guest did, they were hot! Which raised the radon levels.

So the question always is to mitigate or not to mitigate.

A long term test under normal living conditions would give them a better understanding of their radon level average. OR they could mitigate and solve the problem.

But, I’m sure you impressed them with your “stack effect” jargon and window control. Btw, what happens when the seasons change? Better do your research.

2 Likes

Indeed, those are very good points given in the final professional report. Empower the clients with options. Not binary.

I provide all those services and more. I would never claim to be a professional in any of those areas. I’ve been trained to offer those testing services according to my state and insurance provider.

2 Likes

Many states, such as my state of Illinois, actually require licensing to perform any type of radon test during a real estate transaction. I would think that would overrule “certification” as you put it.

3 Likes

He’s been here all of 7 hours and already blowing his own horn. Guess nobody will listen to him at home! Ponderous…good call!

7 Likes

The states that have requirements involve testing and training…similar to certifications. The use of ‘certification’ is generalized.

Do you have constructive input to the conversation of the topic questions?

I’m still confused. What was the purpose of your post?

4 Likes

It is at the top of the page…simple

Blue suitcases are soft?

1 Like