CAHPI threatens legal action against InterNACHI and sets a deadline for us.

I knew it. Canadian home inspector associations now claim rights to the entire alphabet. It was only a matter of time.:wink:

Have you gotten letters, yet, from SMOOCHI, TWICHI and MYBUTTISICHI?

Have they had the courtesy to follow up on this .
They never had the decency to answer my phone calls and emails to attend the Toronto show .
Nick offered them and OAHI a free booth ,
. Neither one replied

Have they had the courtesy to follow up on this .
They never had the decency to answer my phone calls and emails to attend the Toronto show .
Nick offered both CAHPI and OAHI a free booth ,
. Neither one replied

She’s pretty cute too: http://www.clancytrademarks.com/professionals/

Definitely hotter than any of your lawyers.:wink:

I told them they could have it for $20K or $10K and dinner with Paula.

CAHPI, due to foolish, inept and greedy leadership for the past four years, has become a toothless joke.

They have spent a small fortune on dumb legal moves during the past couple of years, and their members have watched it happen. Heck, they even had their lawyers send me a Cease and Desist letter last year because I sported a license plate on my vehicle that says CAHPI 1. My kids gave it to me when I was CAHPI President nine years ago, but CAHPI still feels I have no right to it. Well, I still have it and will keep it forever.

By the way, Ms. Clancy hails from Sarnia, Ontario.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia

Saved

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f52/caphi-members-using-international-association-certified-home-inspectors-trademark-58682/

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

Did a search and CAHPI did not generate any hits.

The fax was sent on 4-4-06 and the deadline they gave you was 12-8-10. Wow that’s nice of them. Call Mike Holmes he’ll fix it.

No, the fax was me sending it to me to convert it to a pdf. They sent me the nasty letter back in November. I immediately made the offer with the $10K deal (No, I wasn’t joking), but she turned me down.

Bill Mullen writes:

She should have accepted the dinner date offer and saved her client $10K.

Keep trying Nick, she might be playing hard to get.

Fight them in court Nick. Their claim that the name CAHPI and trademark are well known across Canada is demonstrably false and that would negate their claim. In a short while you will bankrupt them.

I think George is right .
I went against OAHI ,( CAHPI/ONTARIO) they spent about $40,000.00~ and finally settled out of court with me and gave me $1,000;00 .
I do not know if they have ever tried to fight any one since . They have little money and no Proper ideas on how to do things .
I expect they will put their tail between their legs and run for home .

Roy

They should have done what Michael O’Handley did when he wanted/needed something from me recently. He called me and asked me for it… and I gave him what he wanted/needed.

Tone is everything.

They do have a cute attorney though. But when she threatened us with legal action, I got this weird urge to spank her. :wink:

Funny…:mrgreen: