Canadian Inspector Serious

I am sad to report that fellow NACHI Canadian Member Stephen SHUTE from Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada has been in a comatose state for the last seven days since a fall while performing a home inspection. Stephen’s son Shamess called with the sad news.

For those who would like to assist please contact me and I will give you Shamess’s Telephone number.

John

This hits home, he lives an hour from me…

Let me know if I can do anything, John.

Mr Bowman,
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help him and his family. This very thing has me praying for my husband’s safe return everyday.

Gloria

Somebody send me an email so I can give you the son’s telephone number.

Update:

Roy Cooke has contact number and info. Hopefully he will post more shortly.

Thanks, Roy.

Thanks John only 5;30 there now will call in about one hour and give a report

Cookie

No answer will try later… Cookie

11;00 pm have to get my sleep big day tomorrow .
left message . If any one gets any info please keep us posted …

Just to bring you up too date on Stephen Shute.
He was out on an Inspection by himself .
A neighbour found him on the Deck, unconscious.
He was taken to the local Hospital and then flown to Victoria,
Seven days he has not regained Conscious.
His ladder was still against the roof and he required 4 stitches over his eye . They have no idea if he fell of the roof and hit his head on the railing or what.
He was tested and did not have a stroke.
He is in great condition and has always been a hard worker carring no excess weight.
They have him on a breathing tube and he breathing on his own.
He has shown very little response to any one or any thing .
He lives in Comox which is on the North end of Vancouver Island IN BC.

Roy Cooke

Thanks for the update.

A very good reason to stay off high roofs whether you are by yourself or with someone. More inspectors have been killed from falls then anyone type of accident.

One fall as we see is all it takes to seriously injure and or put you out of business.

Roy let us know what we Cdn. Nachi members can do to help out.

We all take for granted that something bad won’t happen to us. We are in a very hazardous occupation.

When we have a bit more information and if/when a fund is started, I will notify CAHPI association members and those on the Canuck Forum. There are no association lines or barriers when something like this happens. We’re all in this together.

Thanks for looking after this, Roy.

Bill Mullen
Sarnia, Ont.

It is always unfortunate that it takes something like this to remind us to be careful when on inspections and not to take unnecessary risk. Most of us are probably guilty of doing something a little too risky just to get a better look at something. Be careful out there everyone, always remember that you have loved ones that are counting on you to be there. I had a coworker die in front of me from a miss step and a fall, years ago when I was in the construction trades. It only takes once and it happens fast.

Thanks for the update Roy. Something like this hits close to home for all of us. Let us know if there is anything any of us can do for the family. Perhaps someone could start a trust fund to help them out during this stressful time.

Unfortunately There is no improvement on Stephen Shute the BC Home Inspector they found unconscious on a deck he still is in a coma .
… Cookie

Any changes???

Sorry no news will try and talk to the son in a couple of days .

Thanks for asking . Roy

Roy,
Have posted this news on the OAHI website, (bugger off you stupid OAHI crybabies, if you do not like this) as this is a home inspector. (Except those who charge $200 or less…They are not real inspectors… just wannabees.)
I mentioned Bill Mullen may have info soon.
This is a place none of us want to be. Remember Hill Street Blues… TV from 80’s “Be careful out there people.”

Having been a member of OAHI twice and been on more then one of their committees I do know some of how they operate.
When I was a member I never missed a meeting ,in many cases I attended more then one a month, both Kingston and Toronto.
I was always early and stayed late to help set up and close the meeting. Char attended all meetings with me and was also a big help.
I attended all of the conferences and know more about how they operate then most members.
OAHI has a lot of great members but many no longer care much about the association as they are nothing but a money grabbers.
They care less about the newer Home Inspectors but how to get money out of them.
The Board of Directors do not follow the rules and care less about complaints.
I think I was the only one to ever have an appeal heard and I won 5 for me non for OAHI.
I then sued them for my out of pocket expenses and again won settling out of court.
Please do understand many of the BOD are a very vindictive bunch and will do all they can to get rid of free thinkers.
They are a closed door group and still after many years only have about 225 RHIs.
NACHI does more for the Home inspection industry in Canada and helps non members big time as well .
I wish you all the best but if you do not go with the flow you might find they could ostracize you.

Roy Cooke… RHI…CAHPI-on

Can’t believe you turned that into one of your nasty whining posts about OAHI. Can’t you just lay off and let something be about the person that needs help?! You need help Roy! You just gave the entire history of all the bitching you do on this bb. Don’t you think everyone knows since you and Ray are constantly reminding everyone? OMG!

WTH did that have to do with the man who needs help?!!!

Can’t believe you turned that into one of your nasty whining posts about OAHI. Can’t you just lay off and let something be about the person that needs help?! You need help Roy! You just gave the entire history of all the bitching you do on this bb. Don’t you think everyone knows since you and Ray are constantly reminding everyone? OMG!

WTH did that have to do with the man who needs help?!!!

David,

Are you suggesting some in OAHI critcized you for posting about the fall and injury of an inspector?

Wendy I am surprised as how you would not want new inspectors who are starting into this industry to not know about a group who are completely unethical and do take many peoples money.
I see your memory is failing you again .
You stated more then once you would not be following and ridiculing my posts.
You who lives of of wellfare thinks you are an expert in every thing and can do nothing .
You where going to be a lawyers secretary then sell realestate then had a great Job ( Your Words ) for some politician .
Then he beat you out of a lot of money .
You have pleaded for money from a religious group .
Then you come here and tell every one what a great home Inspector you are and you do XX home inspections.
You must be constantly dizzy with all the circles you go in .
You constantly communicate with some in Canada who wish to destroy NACHI ( your words ).
They feed you false information and then you open your mouth and the garbage comes out.
I am sorry for you and do hope you soon get a boy friend to remove some of your frustration with life.
You seem to fail to see you have bounced from one after another who have pleaded with you to get help.
You seem to fail to see you are the only one who has troubles with those who post on this BB.
You continue give out false information then go back and remove your posts.