Report Rejects Mandatory Home Inspections

[size=3][FONT=Times New Roman]**Todays Reality Times **[/size][/FONT]
[size=3][FONT=Times New Roman]**Canadian Report Rejects Mandatory Home Inspections
**by Jim Adair

If you’re buying real estate, you’re thinking location, location, location.
But for vendors and their real estate agents,the mantra is disclose, disclose, disclose. As I’ve been reporting
The whole story is below [/size][/FONT]

[size=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Real Estate News and Advice
January 5, 2007
http://realtytimes.com/rtcpages/20030911_inspections.htm[/size][/FONT]

Wow. Thanks.

Good find. The report was out several years ago and its even more surprising if you look into the details. But here is one - BIG Bingo -

Sounds familiar

I agree and this is why the continual trading of infomation has improved and will continue to improve our industry.
I have only been in it for a short time and see many good improvements .
I am sure Ray and Claude have seen more then most of us .
Roy Cooke

More harm has been done to consumers through mandated standardized reporting than all the bad inspectors and serial killers combined.

I didn’t know we had home inspectors who were also serial killers! :wink:

We have some who use assumed names who are out to destroy NACHI and never help the members have no idea what they might do .
Roy Cooke
</IMG>

Nick, that’s sounds like an argument for backround checks!:twisted:

And others who are out to destroy the English language with utter incompetence, what-the-duce spelling, piss-poor grammar, and missing-in-action punctuation! :lol: It’s a crying shame, I tell ya.

Here’s a little joke for you, Roy:
A moron calls 911 and says in his moron accent, “My wife just collapsed!”

The dispatcher says, “Calm down. Where are you located?”

The man says, “I’m on the corner of Eucalyptus and Pine.”

The dispatcher asks, “How do you spell Eucalyptus?”

There’s a long pause and then the moron says, “I could drag her to Oak.”

Norm :wink:

And others who are out to destroy the English language with utter incompetence, what-the-duce spelling, piss-poor grammar, and missing-in-action punctuation! :lol: It’s a crying shame, I tell ya.

Here’s a little joke for you, Roy: A moron calls 911 and says in his moron accent, “My wife just collapsed!”

The dispatcher says, “Calm down. Where are you located?”

The man says, “I’m on the corner of Eucalyptus and Pine.”

The dispatcher asks, “How do you spell Eucalyptus?”

There’s a long pause and then the moron says, “I could drag her to Oak.”

Nice run-on-sentence Dave.

Guess you showed em up real good eh. You’da man big guy! :roll:

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?p=141449#post141449

LOL, I think you mean “run-on sentence,” not “run-on-sentence.” Moron. \:D/:lol:

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?p=141449#post141449

Do you know anything about this?

Gil Strachan holds a National Certificate? Well I guess we know how he got that eh!

We sure do. He sent in his Application for Background Review along with documented proof of his education and experience. This was evaluated by a Council of eight people whom he does not know and they concluded that he met the education and experience requirements of the program.

He then performed a Test Inspection with Peer Review and submitted his verbal and written report to a panel of National Examiners who ensured he followed the CAHPI Standards of Practice and reported on all the required major deficiencies in the test house. He successfully answered a series of verbal questions from the panel of examiners and his written report was verified by the Chief Examiner.

Since he had satisfied both streams of requirements, Gil Strachan was recommended to the National certification Authority to become a National Certificate Holder.

So I guess you were right, Raymond, that’s how he got it.

Bill Mullen

His written report

Gee I guess that is the reason I was not excepted I was the first one to get their application in but my application did not say any thing about
along with documented proof of his education and experience
.To bad there loss my gain.
Sort of seems strange to me so little has been posted . How many passed the test and who they are .
I wonder why more info is not coming out .
You would think CAHPI would be trying to get this info out so they can get others to apply for Certification.

Roy Cooke … Royshomeinspection.com

Roy, You applied to participate in the Pilot Project, and that was a simple one page form. Only a certain number of those who applied were chosen to participate and you were not one of them. It was NOT first come - first serve. The successful applicants were chosen using a blind, random formula by two objective professional consultants.

Those who were chosen to participate were then sent a seven page Application for Background Review which they had to complete and attach to the required documentation. This was then submitted for review.

As was explained the other day, since we are in Canada, the forms have to now be translated into both official languages before the final applcations will be sent out. That will be this week, and I will ensure they are available on the NACHI forum as soon as they are released.

Bill Mullen

Sure is strange how Cameron Allan is a TIPR and its even stranger how his buddies became Cert. Holders.

So much for thorough background checks eh!

Self sustaining program? Its only going to be self sustaining if enough people join on or stay on. So you see all along its been about getting the number of interested people up. Otherwise this program is not going to fly.
The answer was to get some warm bodies in there that are not so warm to ethics.

Yes CAHPI-OAHI-National setting new trends and entry requirements. Sounds like an audit is needed. :wink:

Heck I guess if Gil is acceptable we are all acceptable. Well not quite, I wouldn’t want to lower my standards. :wink:

Sounds like Raymond is jealous Gil and Cam got their NCs, but he can’t because he would never pass the background check. Lets not forget, Ray has no formal education in home inspection (or anything else, for that matter), outside of a 10 day course 15 years ago. He was grandfathered into RHI, although he’s no longer an RHI (he just lies about it on his web site).

Hey Raymond, before learning everything there is to know about home inspection in ten days and getting grandfathered into an RHI, what did you used to do? I got a tip you were a security guard at a jail and also locations manager in films. I think it’s important for every home inspector to have a solid background in jails and filmmaking. I wonder if that experience can be applied to your NCH qualifications?
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910755/

Shows how little you know as usual.

I have just recently had a background check done for work with the OPP.

As to grandfathering, sorry I had passed all the Ashi tests at the time which was a requirement. Other old guard who were grandfathered are many. Even Bill was grandfathered as were Claude, and others.

Unlike the loser you are you I don’t have to hide behind a false name.

As to Gil and Cameron this gives credence to the fact that CAHPI-OAHI is rife with appointments. Given Gils fraudulent past and Camerons questionable activities these two would give credence as to why CAHPI-National should be audited.

Also for your information certification means nothing as I have been recognized by the courts as an expert witness vis-a-vis home inspections. I have even been retained by clients to assist them with suits against home inspectors who screwed up.

Also I have not ever have had the privilege of taking successful companies and having to fold them due to financial, legal troubles, or other screw ups.

Yes you sure are special, a special screw up, thats why you hide behind a false name. I would too if I had a dismal record like yours.