Career Change in Montreal!

Hello! First post here. Looking for some input/advice. I passed my CPI here back in 2017, but got sucked back into the ‘well paying’ world of IT (comfort zone I guess). I’ve been an IT Product Manager for over 10 years and it paid for my life and home. My family has always been in the trades - ‘get a good office job they said’, so I did…but I’ve always wanted to be an inspector or building project manager and such I always strived to learn on my own time.

Fast-forward - COVID has made me realize that no amount of money is worth sinking your life away on Zoom meetings all day. So I’m back toward getting re-certified as I never completed my year-1 follow up courses, currently working on my mock inspections.

I guess my question is, how do I go about my next steps? Should I look to apprentice with someone (I’m in Montréal btw). Should I spend my savings on buying gear, upgrading my vehicle now and go all in? Montreal specifically is red-hot, I have no doubt in my ability to be able to successful in this industry and in this city- but the leap is huge for me and I definitely need on-site practical experience, wondering how to approach this part of the journey.

Any advice is welcome.

Joey

Don’t get picked up on a date from RY!!

3 Likes

Give me a call. I can answer some question and posably help you move forward.
PM me.

1 Like

I don’t get it. For the life of me I can not understand how an awards committee member/officer can troll a fellow member and get away with it.
You degrade the office, the organization and most importantly the industry.
We are private businesses.
I am proud of this organization and I am going to email Nick Gromicko.

Great example of why you need to BEWARE of any interactions you have with this WAFI.
Read through the MB and you will see literally hundreds if not thousands of posts just like this one, or worse!!
If you feel the need to speak with a Canadian, I can refer you to many qualified inspector members. Just send me a PM.

3 Likes

Lol. I should have known.
How well timed.
Good luck, Joe.

PS: I recommend you revise your post.

Might as well tell you on line what I was going to say to you in person before 2 of InterNACHI’s worst examples trolled the MB posts to negatively smear someone.

Mark Goldenberg. A Jewish InterNACHI member, thinks I am anti sematic, to which I am not, and has trolled me for calling him a Charlatan, to which I did and still do, in context with his claiming he is a mellow person in his personal bio. Lol. What a friggen laugh that is. Lol.
I hope his demons don’t materialize in human form but all I can do is recommend he keep a low profile on the message board and act professionally. I just PM’ed him those thoughts.

Jeffrey Jonas. InterNACHI trouble maker from when he first joined the organization. Well documented.

As to inspecting homes. Just because there is a sellers market on the island does not mean you will have success in the home inspection industry in Montreal, Quebec. Low Inventory. Not enough homes, to many inspectors to meet demand.

I would stick to IT at the moment and educate for now until more inventory comes available on the market. Your bottom line will thank you for it. When market inventory increases, to which it will, get your website up and running and SEO to first page.

All the best.
Robert Young

PS: WAFI stands for What A Fucking Idiot.
So vulgar they dare not say it out loud. Imagine that. An InterNACHI committee officer using vulgar words like that on the message board. Sends a bad message throughout the organization.

Jew hater complaint

Lol. Yes Mark Goldenberg. That old chestnut by Lenard Inkster founder of Ouchi. Lol.
You were quite a piece of work back then. Lol. Remember how you went after Kevin Wood calling him anti semetic until he blew a fuse, due to all of your trolling and he called you that word you were itching for. Lol. What a farce…Lol!!!

You are by no means mellow music loving Mark Goldenberg.
You are a frightened scared little soul haunted by what individuals might think of you because of your Jewish religion. Unbelievable.
Grow some "gonads’ mate and move on.

Personally, I don’t give a dam about what religion you are. Lol.
But what I do care about is this organization and how you as a committee officer is degrading the office. I make that clear every time.
What an ass.

What a liar - own it

Symptoms of WAFI Disorder

Desperate to be wrongfully acknowledged as smart
Looking to start argument
Regular loss of temper and anger
Being easily offended and arguing with others
Being vindictive
Deliberately posting incorrect information
Blaming others for self-mistakes
Moody and very sensitive
Always the victim

Can’t be cured, but treatment may help
Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong

3 Likes

Welcome back to our forum, Joey!..Enjoy! :smile:

To which repeat…Again…

Mark Goldenberg. A Jewish InterNACHI member, thinks I am anti sematic, to which I am not, and has trolled me for calling him a Charlatan, to which I did and still do, in context with his claiming he is a mellow person in his personal bio. Lol. What a friggen laugh that is. Lol.
I hope his demons don’t materialize in human form but all I can do is recommend he keep a low profile on the message board and act professionally. I just PM’ed him those thoughts.

Replying gain? Here it comes.

Why would you say that?

3 Likes

I am willing to forgive your behavior.
You do not have to apologize, simply own it/admit it & we can then move on.
Then you can even participate in Questions Of The Week like you used to, where you are presently banned.
Four fine, respected Canadian members left here because of your actions.

2 Likes

Because he is, and from what I think, ashamed of it. I am not kidding.
Hope that helps.

You are racist.

3 Likes

Any credibility you had has vanished. Disgusting.

2 Likes

:thinking:You are willing to forgive my behavior? Lol.
Put me on ignore.
Participate in Questions Of The Week where I are currently banned?
I sure did not know that. Hm… News to me. Awards committee thing?
To bad.
So sad.

Sense you started Questions Of The Week, and are hell bent on trolling me, I avoided The Question Of The Week like the bloody plague sir, due to you sir. get that straight.

Mark. I do not have to apologize for anything Mr. Goldenberg. I did nothing wrong.
I am willing to put this behind us. Been saying that for years.

Best regards.
Robert Young.
Proud InterNACHI Member.

You do know what anti sematic means, don’t you?
So, believe what you want to believe.
But if you think I am going to be a punching bag to this harassment, you got another thing coming. I am not anti sematic.
All the best with your endeavors.