Ceiling Finish

Had a 1960’s house with these areas that looked like tight fastener groupings that had been painted over. These areas were all in one room but scattered, not part of a consistent finish. Any ideas what this is and why so many fasteners?

Were you able to see anything from the attic side?

I have never seen anything like that. I would have to look in the attic after seeing that (if it is accessible).

Unfortunately, attic space above this area was not accessible.

“Put right here…no move it over there… no I like it better over there…let’s see it over here… no, no back over there…”:mrgreen:

They look like plaster buttons. Usually used to repair plaster walls with key damage. Sloppy work.

Cosmetic issue

what Scott said…